1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 8 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 14, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

14 - 0 TCU over BYU with 5:00 in the 1st Q - it's on Versus. Does TCU still have a shot at a BCS game? I've felt BYU was overrated from the start, especially seeing how they narrowly escaped against Washington.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

TCU is just beating the crap out of them. Against a great offensive team, you have to be more aggressive than it is, and TCU is doing just that.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Meanwhile, Ponder is having a pretty decent game against NC State so far tonight even though he's been sacked two or three times.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

OK, for once, the sideline reporter contributed something to the game.

Erin Andrews had a mic in Bobby Bowden's face right as he went after the officials for all the holding penalties his team committed.

She asked him how they stopped getting so many holding penalties. His response?

"Start praying."

Classic.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Eight NC State players standing between the bouncing punt and the goal line ... and the ball still gets into the end zone.

Sad.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

For those of you out there who have VS (and I just realized I did), BYU is getting its ass kicked by TCU right now. 32-7 with 0:17 left in third quarter.

7. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

32-7 going into the fourth. and not really that close. Had BYU 10th in poll, this is a poor effort.

8. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Florida State gets 52-yard field goal with 1:53 left to go up by nine. NCS coach Tom O'Brien on the sideline as the ball goes through the uprights: "Fuck me."

Outstanding.

Now NCS brings the kickoff back to the 45. Just to keep it interesting.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Another Top 10 fraud demolished. Texas Tech is next.

10. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

BYU fans are wearing shirts that say "The Quest" on them. Announcer explains it's Mendenhall's theme this year, the quest for perfection (paraphrased): "That quest won't stop with this loss. It will continue on as he wants them to be good family men ..."

Which forced me to vomit the pizza I just finished. Asshat.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I kept Holy Cross in my Top 25 until after the loss to Harvard. They really should have beaten UMass.

And The Citadel sucks.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does the fact TCU got dumped by Oklahoma and then pounds BYU hurt all potential BCS buster teams? Granted Oklahoma is good, but even if Utah beats BYU, or if TCU wins the MWC it's not going to make the conference look as it would have if BYU and Utah went into The Holy War without losses.
    There's always Boise State, and Tulsa (which plays Arkansas in a few weeks) even Ball State.

Draft saved Draft deleted