1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 7 thread: O, Rhett Bomar, what could have been

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 11, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No way!

2. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's plenty of reasons to pick Bucky in this game (TOSU's poor history in Madtown, complete lack of consistent running game from the RB position, crappy LT, injury decimated secondary), but Pryor wilting in the spotlight wouldn't be at the top of my list.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I hope OSU wins. I don't want to live in a world where MSU makes the Rose Bowl.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Lou loves ALL the schools he pumped up, three steps ahead of the gendarmes.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, Sparty'll lose this month, too. At Iowa, if not before.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

There's a line that separates the end zone from the rest of the field, just as there's a line that deliniates out-of-bounds from the field of play. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Who would've thought that the defense would be the strength of this team? I'd like the idea you threw out there more if Aldon Smith were healthy. Alas.

8. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

My boss is a Beaver. You should have seen the steam coming out of his ears yesterday when talking about that play. Tough break for OSU.

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Add in the Rose Bowl, and I'm thinking Sweater Vest's boys will get the win.
    As for the Michigan-Iowa game, even as a Michigan fan I can't go with a Wolverine win. I thought they were overrated before last week and thus wasn't surprised by MSU's relatively easy win. Heck, Michigan barely squeaked by Indiana and ND.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

See, I'm coming from the opposite direction as an Iowa alumni/fan. It's hard for me to EVER feel comfortable about a game in Ann Arbor. Too many years of poundings there.

I also remember Denard Robinson getting in the game late last year in Iowa City and rallying Michigan to a near-victory. Now, maybe that was against the dreaded "prevent" defense, but still, he's been doing a lot of that this year.

Fortunately for Iowa, Michigan's defense is still pretty bad. I think (hope?) the Hawkeyes win a squeaker.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Bumping to try to knock last week's thread back down the board.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted