1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 7 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 6, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They stopped shilling restaurants and ogling boobies long enough to be creative? I call bullshit.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'm not one of those people who has bought into the hype on the spread offense, but I can't help but wonder if Franklin was really given a fair shot. I mean, by the time he was hired, the 2008 recruiting class was pretty much full, and presumably the offensive players were recruited for the previous system. So Franklin doesn't get a chance to work with players that fit his system, and he's fired halfway through his first season? Wow.

The list of coordinators under Tuberville is getting pretty long.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't think Tuberville woke up this morning with the idea he was going to fire Tony Franklin today. I'm thinking there was a "make these changes" meeting between the two, Franklin refused, and Tuberville fired him.

It's the only thing that makes sense given the timing — six games in, a bye week next week and a game against Bobby Petrino this week.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Was Franklin "suggested" to Tuberville? Much like Gus Malzahn was "suggested" to Houston Nutt by Frank Broyles?

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree. They had to know that there were going to be some growing pains making such a move, so you have to figure the performance of the offense -- which, let's be honest, has been brutal -- is not the only part of this equation.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'd love it if we could just call Chris Todd, an area product, and get his thoughts on this.

He was wooed to Auburn by Franklin after transferring to Hutchinson from Texas Tech.

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I'm thinkin' at BLU (Bobby Lowder University), they don't fuck around.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was surprised Tuberville got rid of Al Borges. Funny thing about "new fangled" offenses, if you win with them they're great. But I've got to think Auburn faithful would rather lose with a smash-mouth style they're more familar with than a spread.
    Being an Auburn OC is like being a Raider HC.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

According to a friend of mine, some guy called into a radio station last week and said he'd rather lose with Kodi Burns than win with Chris Todd.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Lost all respect for Tubby for this...
    Made the change in-season not to perk up the offense but to avoid listening to Lowder.
    If he had balls, he would have said, I'm sticking with Franklin, even though one member of the trustees has told me I would be fired if I did...
    Fuck Tubby and fuck Bobby Lowder... assclown parasite.

Draft saved Draft deleted