1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 7 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 6, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Starts with that Sun Belt showdown between Troy and Florida Atlantic tomorrow and goes from there. Some story lines:

--On Thursday, Clemson has a chance to show it's not total fraud when it goes to Wake Forest. Seeing a close one here.
    --Winner of Texas-OU will go to Big 12 title game. Sooners are just too loaded for the Longhorns.
    --Minnesota at Illinois: Reality hits. Sorry, Zeke.
    --Michigan State at Northwestern: The Who's the Fraud? Bowl. Answer will be Northwestern
    --North Carolina is the host in what will be the Notre Dame's a Fraud Bowl.
    --Tulsa will score at least 63 against SMU
    --I think Wisconsin beats Penn State
    --I think Florida beats LSU
    --I think take the over on Oklahoma State-Missouri

2. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

If Wake hangs onto the ball, i agree.
    Texas seems to play better in this game as an underdog. Gimme some Horns.
    Reality should hit. Is there enough Juice left after last week?
    The fraud is Michigan State. Always has been. Always will be.
    A trip to Chapel Hill is not necessary to realize Notre Dame's a fraud.
    Tulsa will score at least 70 on SMU.
    I agree.
    I disagree. Mightily. Tiggers by 2 touchdowns.
    I think you're right.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Okie State-Mizzou smells an awful lot like Texas Tech-Mizzou last year.

Okie State comes in red hot, albeit they haven't really played anybody. Everybody expects a shootout, but Mizzou's defense comes to play.

Just has that same sort of feel to it. To me at least.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

--I think Clemson is a huge disappointment. Wake is Wake. They are overachievers. I don't think this game proves anyone is a fraud. Wake lost to Navy. Clemson should be a top 10 team, but they won't be. I respect Wake, because they do what they can with what they have. Have trouble respecting Clemson.
    --Agree with you. Oklahoma's offensive line and running game are the difference. Colt McCoy leads UT in rushing. He takes a beating. It will show the toll it has taken.
    --Minnesota @ Illinois. I really don't care.
    --Mich. State at Northwestern. Northwestern has no defense. Decent offense. Mich. State has a similar team, but has played a better schedule. I think Mich. State is the better team. I did try to convince a few people before the season that Northwestern was better than they thought. Not great. Not top 25. But better than they were getting credit for.
    --No idea what will happen with N. Carolina/Notre Dame. Carolina is raw, but very well coached. Notre Dame is talented and getting better and actually not that well coached. Anything can happen. I am rooting for Carolina.
    --Tulsa/SMU. Agree. The o/u might be 90 in this one. SMU can't stop anyone. And June Jones has a crappy team but is still trying to fling the ball all over the place, so they do score some points when they get into shootouts.
    --I am not sure about this. LSU is the most reliable thing in college football, year after year. I'll call this a pick em.
    --OK. State -- Missouri is going to be a great game. I think Missouri is for real. A legit Top 5 team. I expect them to win, and I think Ok. State is a quality team.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And I feel sorry for all those on deadline if SMU-Tulsa is a night game.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It is, but unless you work for the Tulsa World, are you really worrying about getting it in?

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well no. But you still have to stay til the game is over.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I am by no means a State fan, but yeah they will win Saturday. And so much for the home field advantage. There are so many MSU transplants in Chicago the place will be crawling with Spartans. My tailgate group is with 270 people. Six bus loads full. I'm just hoping for a good game; and lots of free booze.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sparty is not a fraud. Sparty doesn't know how to win with any kind of consistency... And Sparty chokes in games it shouldn't. A fraud fails to win big games.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

What's the over on OSU-Mizzou? 80?

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Michigan State's record in games before/after Oct. 15 since 2000:

2007 — 5-2/2-4
    2006 — 3-4/1-4
    2005 — 4-2/1-4
    2004 — 3-3/2-4
    2003 — 6-1/2-4
    2002 — 3-3/1-5