1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 6 thread: Spirit of Jasper Howard lives on

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, now that Texas is out of the rankings, the only ranked opponents on Nebraska's schedule are Oklahoma State and Mizzou, both of whom may or may not stick depending on how they handle the Big 12 schedule. There's a chance the Huskers could go into the Big 12 championship game having not beaten a single opponent in that week's rankings.

Boise State might actually play a tougher schedule this season.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Yeah, an older brother of mine's a diabetic and was in the hospital for 3 weeks in 2008 when he let his sugars get out of whack, overworked himself, and developed pneumonia. Scared the hell out of me when I spent a week at the hospital with him.
    You gotta answer when your body is sending you messages.
    Good luck to you, too, as you look after with your added day-to-day responsibilities.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Nebraska fans can't figure out why opponents have taken so much joy in hanging 50, 60, 70 points on the Huskers in recent years because Tom Osborne's teams never ran up the score. They were just that good.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Kansas 76, Nebraska 39. I will forever cherish that beatdown in 2007.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

52-17 in 2008, loved it, too. Too bad Mizzou will probably be on the wrong end of a similar score this year.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bill Snyder seems like a real gentlemen but clearly he has a dark side.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Bill Snyder makes Bob Knight seem not so tightly wound

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Rough night for K-State summarized by this pic:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Pretty corny, there, Creole.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

how much of a free pass does Schiano have? i guess it's a rebuilding year, but this guy has some PR staff. he did get some people to watch Rutgers and go to games, so he gets credit for that. but the thing is in the early 90s Graber did a decent job and no one gave a shit. they beat Penn State one season when Paterno still knew most of the players names. if they had the bs big east conference and the # of bowl games they have now they would've gone to a shit bowl game a couple of times. Schiano is an improvement over Shea but i think he owes his last contract to Ray Rice.

edit: good win with a freshman QB, but UConn always figures out how to lose to Rutgers.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Questions for Okie State:

1. Why are you playing at La. Lafayette?
    2. Why did you bring your band?
    3. Why did you feel the need to onside kick in the 3rd quarter?

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe it was part of an oil deal that T Boone cut

Draft saved Draft deleted