1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 6 thread: Spirit of Jasper Howard lives on

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

According to the WWL this is the first week in 50 years that Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas and USC were all unranked in the AP poll.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

There is a God.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

If the entire offensive line moves, isn't that just ... a start? :D

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

From tigerbait.com's "LSU vs. Tennessee" thread:

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So I am the only one noticing that UCF is boatracing UAB? (insert punch line here.)

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

yes.

I turned it somewhile ago.

Tomorrrow night can't get here fast enough.

A 12-pack of Bud Diesel already on ice.

Should be a good game.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And of course, the 20th anniversary of the Fifth Down play that set Missouri's program back another eight years, gave Colorado an ill-gotten share of the national title[/hijd] and further proved Bill McCartney to be an asshole. It should have all been a curiosity tho; if replay would have been around, the touchdown clearly would have reversed, as Charles Johnson was down short of the goal line and the ball never crossed the plane.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

was thinking that also. wouldn't he have to say except the center

9. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Some Big Te-Leven thoughts for the week:

* I can see TOSU really struggling to put away IU. TOSU's defensive backfield has been pretty decimated by injuries (losing Tyler Moeller is particularly big), Indiana can certainly throw the ball. Also, Pryor's quad should really limit his mobility.....welcome back, full blown Tressel-ball. Howver, it's in the shoe & the Buckeyes SHOULD own the trenches.

* Incredibly disappointing I won't be on my sofa for the battle of Michigan. Sparty will try to control the clock (and should be able to, quite easily) & snap the 'lace like a twig. "Hi, Denard. My name is Greg Jones...."

* Illinois-Penn State actually has some (albeit ugly) potential. For as much crap as TOSU got for not blasting the Illini, their D has come a LONG way. PSU's offense.....well, simply blows. Illini can run the ball. This should be an early 1970's throw back.....which, I realize, only appeals to fanboi dorks like myself.

* Northwestern & 'sconsin should roll.

* Well placed bye week for Iowa, who go to Michigan, then host Wisco & Sparty, over the next 3 weeks. Guessing we'll find out everything that needs to be known about Iowa over that period of time.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If everyone moves except the center, that just means the center forgot the snap count.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Regarding OSU, I think Pryor runs a serious risk of retweaking that quadricept.

During the broadcast the announcers, and later ESPN, said it was a knee injury. It was obviously not a knee injury by the way he pulled up lame. Besides, hamstring pulls impact the knee more than the quad. Anyway, the quad is difficult to come back.

Mark my word, Pryor will be running full tilt at some point this week, practice, the game, and that bad boy is going to pop. It won't be his fault, that's just what happens. You think it is healed and it isn't. Of course, this cycle could go on for a while... but I still expect OSU to win. Indiana's defense is bad.

12. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Ugh. Mustang, you're correct....it's going to snap. Eventually. Everything I've heard, is that it's a Grade 2 strain....which means some tearing has already taken place. They'd need to sit him for 3-4 weeks...which aint happenin'.

I can guarantee that he's under strict instruction to not tuck & run this week. This, essentially makes him a Redwood Tree.... They'll probably try and cut him loose a bit next week in Madison.....where he'll likely leave the field on a cart. Hellllooooo Joe Bauserman!! (slight shiver goes up my spine....)

Draft saved Draft deleted