1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 6 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 29, 2008.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I can't stop laughing at "Al became a fan of Van Halen."

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And I so think that Wlatburgh can win this week...

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That makes one of us

4. Simon

Simon Active Member

Mizzou will beat the shit out of Nebraska. What was VaTech's offense before that game? Not even in the top 100.

Texas Tech(-7) will beat the crap out of KSU too...K-State sucks. Josh Freeman might have an NFL body but he has a peewee arm.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's scary to think how many points Mizzou will pile on Nebraska. Pelini's defense couldn't stop a bunch of anemic Hokies ... I'd be surprised if the Tigers score less than 40.

Nebraska can sell as many consecutive games as it likes, but Memorial Stadium is nothing special.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Maybe that's so; I won't argue that many programs never go out of the way to put anyone decent on their non-conference schedule. But before we throw OU into the BCS title game, I think it's a bit silly to look at these first four games and think they've had any serious competition.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Michigan is favored this weekend. They are hosting Illinois. I don't know if I agree with this.

8. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Michigan beat Illinois last year with Brandon Minor premiering and Ryan Mallett starting in Champagne. Not to say that matters, but after they beat Wisconsin, Michigan apologists are going to lose any shame they accumulated after the Dames beat them.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I still don't think Michigan's offense can stay with Illinois

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

No love for Little Middle's game-winning Hail Mary?

11. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Yea, I agree, but Michigan still has a pretty good defense. The Notre Dame game wasn't good, but the defense really only gave up two bad plays. They were great against Wisky. The offense turned it over 5 times in one half but only suffered 19 points. That's impressive.

12. WS

WS Member

I love it. The Blue Raiders got their yard this time.

Draft saved Draft deleted