1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC: Week 5 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 23, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Neither was NC State-East Carolina...

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

My bad. I'll take....hmmm.....Ball State?

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Will SEC officials be used in Athens next year in the return game? Of course they will.

Georgia gets Pac-10 refs once every 50 years. Pac-10 teams get them every week. You're not telling anyone on the West Coast anything they don't already know. Pac-10 officiating is horrible, and 99 percent of the time it screws a Pac-10 team.

Of course, Georgia would know all about how the officiating sometimes favors the home team in an intersectional OOC game if it would actually play one more than every 50 years or so. (leaving the county for games in Atlanta doesn't count as intersectional.)

BTW, watch the replay. The ball isn't in the end zone when Moreno's knee hits. The guy called for tripping did whip his leg. I've seen Pac-10 refs call leaping and landing before, on a last-second field goal that was missed, giving the guy another chance. He missed again, from 15 yards closer. It's a ticky-tack rule they love to call.

One other note: I don't expect Oregon State to defeat USC on Thursday. But USC's last 3 trips to OSU are loss; 8-point win; loss. Could be interesting.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Georgia scheduling continues to recede from Utter Selfservingland
    in the coming years. The Dooley scheduling model is kaput.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, don't blame me!

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Georgia actually had more yards in penalties in an SEC game worked by SEC refs the week before at South Carolina (11 pen, 112 yards) than it did at ASU (12-104).

In three games leading up to ASU, Georgia had been penalized 31 times for 252 yards in three games. So just maybe the problem isn't completely the officials' fault.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

What choo doin' comin' round here with facts?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sigh, I'd love to put down some money.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Rehab (if that's what's stopping you) is for quitters. Me, I don't have the money to lose, absolutely hate losing to begin with, and have no confidence in my handicapping ability.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Nah, no rehab. I pick a lot more winners than losers. I pick 7 out of 10 most weeks. But many times I pair the wrong teams, which is the bitch of parlays. I'll get 3 out of 4 or 2 out of 3. It's a pissah.

So instead of just giving away hard-earned money, I'm going to start enjoying it.

Watch, I'll pick like 10 good ones this week in my head and they'll all hit.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Parlays and teasers are moronic. If you can pick 7 out of 10, you will be a winner every week on straight bets.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

LSU got this called against them either two or four years ago in a game at Auburn, which turned out to be what cost the Tigahs the game. It seems like a cheap call, but it is on the books and I had no problem with it being flagged in the UGA game.

Draft saved Draft deleted