1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 4 thread: Remembering Jevan Snead, for some reason

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 21, 2010.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Or they could miss their second chip-shot field goal instead.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Tennessee on 3rd down when there's more than 6 yards needed: 0 for 30 this season.

3. dixiehack

Toledo up 17-0 on Purdue sez the little ticker.

4. dixiehack

This is the worst Tennessee team I have seen in my life, including the Johnny Majors squad that started 0-6.

5. dixiehack

0-for-34 and counting.

6. dixiehack

And UAB ties it 23-23 with 9 minutes and change remaining.

7. dixiehack

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

...and Northwestern fails to hold on 4th and 15, giving up the junk TD to Central Michigan. Cats win by 5. Number was 7.

Darn you, prevent defense...

9. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Northwestern had Central Michigan down 30-13, ball at midfield, about 9 minutes to go. Fumbled (kid who hadn't played much all day) & the Chips have now scored twice, just missed the 2-pnter., which would have cut it to three. NU recovered the onside & can kneel it out...but they REALLY tried to p*ss this one away.

10. dixiehack

Hugely nervous about this game for Bama.

11. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

I only care about one thing in the Ohio State game today. Get out of it with no injuries. No replays of the Shoelace getting dinged against BG today....no Beanie Wells getting hurt against Younstown, etc. HATE the kind of games, Just HATE them.....

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Even as I seeth over Northwestern's failed cover (and still burning about Lane Kiffin going for two THREE times last week), I wanted to say thanks to all of you here.

A year ago, I was moved to weekends -- and my career was nearly crushed. Now, though, I put my newscasts together while keeping an eye on five TV screens (all HD!) about 15 feet away from my desk in the newsroom.

What makes it complete are all of the comments here - the updates, the one-liners, the snark - to make it more interesting.

Thanks and keep 'em comin' as I go back to picking the wrong teams all September. This has been a puzzling September against the spread for me... ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted