1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 4 thread: Remembering Jevan Snead, for some reason

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 21, 2010.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Stupid Pitt.

They were ranked in the preseason poll. Around No. 12 as best as I recall, before they lost at Utah in an overtime shootout.

Pitt, in theory, should be a better team but in practice they are terrible.

And yes, I did have Pitt to win in my money pick'em poll.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Georgia didn't get pressure on Mallett, and he picked them apart. Alabama will get pressure on him -- both from its defensive line and from keeping him off the field -- and he will not pick them apart. Look at the first 14 minutes of the fourth quarter from last week, and that's what you'll see the whole game this week with Mallett.

Pittsburgh was ranked 15th before it ran into noted buzz-saw Utah.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Texas Christian trailing unranked Southern Methodist 17-14 midway thru 3rd qtr at Ownby Stadium in Dallas (around my old stomping grounds from the Dallas Times Herald days)

4. derwood

derwood Active Member

TCU fails to impress.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

35-24 TCU now, with 9 mins left

EDIT: 41-24 (SMU covers +18 spread)

Carry on

6. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

There is a line of tents over half a mile long right outside of Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville tonight. The town is certainly abuzz. Win or lose, the scene at tomorrow's game should be great.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Was that Peekaboo Street on Gameday? Is she training for the 4th of July hot dog eating contest?

8. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

How dare Picabo gain weight during her pregnancy. Oh, the shame.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Who is Mike Jones?

He's the guy that caught the flea flicker TD for UAB to tie Tennessee, 7-7.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Denard Robinson had 188 yards and 2TDs in 2 and a half drives. Had a 40 yard run and landed on his knee. Coaches took him out - but doctors said he is fine. Michigan's backup, Devin Garder, a freshman led the team to a third TD.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

N.C. State might be for real. Up 10-0 at Georgia Tech and driving for another score.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Robert Marve of Purdue is out with an injury and Kirk Cousins of MSU is also out.

Draft saved Draft deleted