1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 4 thread: Remembering Jevan Snead, for some reason

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Mallet hasn't had much success against ranked teams other than last week. I think Saban confuses the hell out him and Bama rolls.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Same here.

And beating up on Georgia's defense isn't much of an achievement right now.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Considering that the Fighting Bubby Bristers of Northeast Louisiana-Monroe confused the hell out of Mallett, I think that it is a sure bet that Alabama rolls in and rolls over Arkansas on Saturday.

That game, with all the hype, has all the makings of a historic Arkansas meltdown.

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Arkansas is clearly the underdog in this game, but the Hogs did hang tough with LSU and Florida on the road last year.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

As fans get fired up for the annual Big Ten-MAC challenge weekend :p, I noticed something interesting about Big Ten football schedules.

One school in the conference has only six home games: Northwestern. And I'm guessing at the Wildcats' two nonconference home games (vs. Illinois State Sept. 11, this weekend vs. Central Michigan), there will be as many fans for the opponent as there are for NW.

That's a shame, because I like Pat Fitzgerald as a young coach (bluster and all). And this year's team could be pretty good if Persa keeps it up in their goofy offense.

7. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

One of which will we be held at Wrigley Field (Illinois, 11/20).

Actually (pathetically enough), I was at the Illinois State game.....and NU did "outdraw" them. Although there MAY have been 15K total in the stadium, at best. Chips may give them a run for it, crowd wise. Score wise, too, I suppose.

So, Coco....are you going to be carrying the ball for the Hawkeyes this weekend!?! The do seem to be getting short of bodies....

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Forgot about the Wrigley game, Layman. NW has done that in the past, too, playing "home" games against Notre Dame at Soldier Field. Whatever helps them bring in more gate, I guess.

And sorry, my eligibility is used up. :D Besides, even on one good knee, Jewel Hampton could beat me in a 40-yard dash.

Iowa still has Adam Robinson, and hopefully some of the backups will be able to return by the Big 10 portion of the schedule.

Not to make light of whatever his personal situation is, but for Hawkeye fans, Brandon Wegher sure picked the wrong year to sit out.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Jacory Harris' decision making -- still very suspect.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Pitt couldn't score on Bourbon St with a fistful of $20s.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This comes as no surprise to long-time Chicago Bears fans.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Stay classy Tucson.

Language may be NSFW.

Draft saved Draft deleted