1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 15, 2008.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

To go undefeated, Auburn will have to beat West Virginia (still a name), Georgia (top 10), LSU (top 10), and Alabama (top 10). They'll most likely either face Georgia again (top 10) or Florida (top 10) in the SECCG.

If Auburn goes undefeated, which they won't, they damn well better be in the MNC game.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

True, but does anyone really think Bama will still be in the top 10 for the Iron Bowl?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't expect it, but I wouldn't be at all shocked. If they split UGA-LSU and beat Tennessee, that should do it.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Why is beating Tennessee anything?

Bama won't be in the top 10. They might be ranked, but they're not THAT good.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I suspect that 'Bama will beat the ever-loving hell out of Arkansas this week.
    By maybe three but probably four touchdowns.
    Arkansas's defense can't stop a soul.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gotta think they will, but Oklahoma has to beat TCU, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska and Texas Tech -- to get to the title game to play Missouri. That's just as good a schedule as an SEC champ would have to play. And unless USC loses, it won't get uprooted... so it could be 2004 all over again.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What Jay said about Alabama-Arkansas goes for OU-TCU. The Frogs are going to get stomped.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't think they're top 10 (yet) either. Hell, check my poll ballots for proof. But they are running out of games to be underdogs in. UGA, LSU and Tennessee are the remaining road tests after Arkansas. And if Bama finishes 10-2 or 11-1 in the regular season, you can't help but put them in the Top 10.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, not entirely true, because you still could have Florida, LSU, Aubie and Georgia all in the same boat, plus Texas, Oklahoma, and Missouri, USC, Wisconsin/Penn State and East Carolina in the same boat.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You got a chance that USC, OU and one of several teams from the SEC could be undefeated at season's end. Plus a couple of teams — BYU, maybe East Carolina — could also be perfect.
    Will make it interesting — again, but what could really stir the pot is a one-loss SEC team angling for a national title shot, with OU and USC both being unbeaten. And then the perfect record non-BCS schools.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And they very well may. However, right now, they are getting attention from the pollsters -- much like a Vandy, Tennessee or Kentucky. So right now, you at least have to give TCU some cred...

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Exactly.
    Say for giggles, the unbeatens at the end of the year are
    USC
    Missouri/Oklahoma
    SEC Champ
    Penn State/Wisconsin
    East Carolina
    BYU/Utah

OR
    USC