1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 15, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Because week 3 is over and week 4 starts on Wednesday this week ... Kansas State at Louisville! Woohoo! A matchup maybe one board member is looking for, and he's a glutton for punishment. :D

The idiots at the AP put Florida State in the top 25 ... do they not understand that when you beat two I-AA teams you only get ranked in the I-AA top 25?

LSU-Auburn will either be interesting or expose the PlainsWarEagleTigers for the frauds they truly are. I tend toward the latter. But it's the only matchup of two teams in the AP top 10 this week.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Unless the remaining voters start wearing Garnet and Gold, that ain't happening here.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Because my inner fanboi is a little nervous, I pose this question: If USC, Oklahoma and Georgia all run the table, which two make the title game? I know USC does, despite its being in a good-Lord-awful conference. I'd like to think beating five teams currently ranked in the top 10 (including the SECCG, which is surely going to include one of Auburn, Bama and LSU) would be enough for Georgia.

And to make it a little less fanboi-centric, I'll pose the same question with Florida replacing Georgia. Or LSU, for that matter. (Auburn and Alabama aren't going to run the table, so we won't worry about them.)

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The AP voters aren't as smart as the SportsJournalists.com voters. 8)

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

First off; OU doesn't run the table.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Louisville better beat K-State this week, because I'm not sure Middle Tennessee State's a win for them.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Maybe not. Neither does Georgia. That's my real concern.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

k-state will win. to that end, remember just a few years back they were so damn good? how ast did that shit drop off into obscurity?

9. Songbird

k-state will win. to that end, remember just a few years back they were so damn good? how ast did that shit drop off into obscurity?

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Because it was built on juco players, not recruits.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

KU's been winning the in-state battle for recruits the last three or four years now. And as doubledown said, juco recruits are not the best path to longterm success.

12. Songbird

beating usc was the high water mark for sure, but it also seems to be the day usc said enough is enough. usc has lost, what, 12 games since the ksu loss in the '02 opener?

Draft saved Draft deleted