1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 3 thread: Honoring Joe Montana and various random place-kickers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't care how valiant the comeback is, when you give away 21 points to an inferior team you don't deserve to win even if you put yourself in a position to do so.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't have this from anyone credible yet, but Mark Dantonio had a mild heart attack this morning after taping his coaching show. He's doing fine --- says my twitter feed.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Free Press says MSU to hold football related news conference at 1 p.m.

Update: He is expected to make a full recovery, offensive coordinator Don Treadwell (sp?) will coach the team for now as Dantonio out indefinitely.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100919/SPORTS07/100919012/1319/Dantonio-has-emergency-heart-surgery-after-OT-win

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

--Cal at Nevada on Friday in a game that could be for a spot in the AP top 25. With Kaepernick being a senior, this may be the last chance for quite a while for the Wolf Pack to get a defining win, after previous failures against Notre Dame and Missouri. Mission accomplished, except for still not making the poll
    --The Mallett Heisman watch will face an early test when Britney Haynes U. goes down to Georgia. Mission accomplished
    --Virginia Tech hosts East Carolina, but it would not shock to see the Hokies fall to 0-3. It should have
    --It would not shock me if Air Force gave Oklahoma a tough game. I will complement the Sooners for having a much better non-con slate than Texas. Bingo!
    --BYU vs. Florida State in the This Would Have Been an Epic Duel 15 Years Ago Bowl. Sucked
    --Nebraska will cream Washington Schweet!
    --Clemson at Auburn in another game that could have a top 25 spot riding on it. Not sold on Auburn just yet. War Eagle got lucky
    --I think Boise will take care of business at Wyoming And then some
    --Texas Tech is my upset pick to beat Texas. Fail
    --I think Houston will win at UCLA, but I don't think the Bruins are good enough for a win to lift the Cougars into BCS buster contention. Dante's circles of fail

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

6. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

At least you've seen the error of your ways. :D

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Trust me, I've failed worse, but that was indeed significant fail

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How should VT be 0-3? It scored 49 points and covered a very generous spread. Don't get that one, sir.

Sucks to be Keenum. His coaches told him to stay the hell away if he threw an interception. Hurt his head last week. Now he blows out his knee.

I sat with Kaepernick (and Idaho) at lunch at the WAC media days and talked to him later. Very impressive kid and a hell of a player, too.

Jake Locker should have bolted when he had a chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted