1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 15: Championship Week (and the Big East and Sun Belt play)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 1, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fuck your feelings. And fuck Nick Saban, too.

Now, I hope Bama beats Florida so I can drop them to 4th!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

But what if one of Bama's players has his fingers stepped on? Wouldn't you give them a little extra credit and put them 3rd?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

That would depend on whether it's a lineman -- who really doesn't need all his fingers-- or a skill position guy

4. JackReacher

Damn good point. What if someone yells hurtful things to Saban during the game and Bama loses to Florida? that's worth at LEAST a second-place vote and a spot in the BCS title game, right?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh, please.

Saban should be used to it by now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. spnited

spnited Active Member

2MCM beat me to it.

Isn't everyone suppposed to yell hurtful things at Saban?

7. JackReacher

You'd hope so.

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

they give the trophy to oklahoma just to piss mack brown off some more.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Alabama is number one until they get beat. If won-loss records for teams in comparable conferences are not an objective standard of comparison, then ALL the games are meaningless. Cancel the season and stage arguments based on preseason preview special sections.

10. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Unless the BCS happens for Boise State, Ball State-Boise State is on the table. Where to play, however, is a big question. Boise State wants Humanitarian, Ball State wants Motor City. Independence is also an option, but that bowl might not have the cash to pull it off.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The chances of this happening are about zilch. Boise State will not play in the Motor City Bowl, and Ball State has said they won't play Boise State in the Humanitarian Bowl (given that it is a home game for the Broncos). Add in the fact that the Broncos really want to play in a more prestigious bowl game and the odds of a BSU-BSU bowl game are slim to none.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'd like to see that matchup happen, but I agree with the Ball State people about not going to Boise.

Draft saved Draft deleted