1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 15: Championship Week (and the Big East and Sun Belt play)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 1, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Both Boise (9) and Ball State (12) are ahead of Big East champion Cincinnati (13).

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I wonder if you have to be in the top eight AND finish ahead of a BCS conference champ? And I'm guessing there's a limit to how many non-BCS schools can play, probably two.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Plenty of room on the Hawaii bandwagon this week, mid-major fans.

--------------

Army-Navy: What happens to the CIC Trophy if Army wins and the service academies are all 1-1 vs. each other? Does it go to the BCS rankings? :D

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

According to Graham Watson at ESPN, Swofford is holding a presser on Wednesday where they're going to discuss the teams still eligible for BCS consideration. Since there's never been three non-BCS undefeated, she basically says the organization might have to change the rules on the fly.
    Doesn't sound good for Ball State, and maybe not for Boise State either.

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Oklahoma- 45
    Missouri- 21

Florida- 35
    Alabama- 14

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Top 16 and ahead of a BCS conference champ makes you eligible to chosen. Boise will not be picked. There is not a snowball's chance in hell of the Broncos getting picked ahead of Ohio State. The BCS can claim all they want that they'd take more than one non-BCS school, but they're lying like dogs. Even my freaking cats can see that.

Boise's probably headed to the Poinsetta Bowl for a matchup with TCU or BYU, which will be a vastly superior game to whichever BCS game winds up with the Big East champion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You need to add about four touchdowns in the Mizzou/Okie game. Like 66-28.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

The lowest rated service academy gets disqualified and it comes down to head-to-head with the other two.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

If I had my way with the way this season has gone, I'd go 1 vs. 2, Big East vs. ACC, SEC No.2 vs. Big 12 No.2, Pac-10 vs. Big Ten and WAC vs. MWC.

I think that would produce five good, entertaining games. But it won't happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I have no desire to see the WAC and the MWC teams meet. They've worked their asses off. They deserve the chance to knock off a BCS team, just like Utah and Boise State did the last time they made the BCS.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Makes sense to me! Oh wait...

Actually, it stays with the school that had it before. You have to beat both if you want to take it away from another school. So it's Navy's no matter what happens Saturday.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Kind of what I was thinking. Stoops probably wouldn't mind Missouri punching in 35 -- certainly a possibility -- because it gives him an excuse to get up around 60 or 70.
    Either way, I see OU winning by somewhere between 2-4 TDs.

Draft saved Draft deleted