1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 15: Championship Week (and the Big East and Sun Belt play)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 1, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Big XII, SEC, ACC, C-USA and the MAC all crown champions this weekend. USC has one last shot at the Pac 10 championship.

For some reason, the Sun Belt conference has a game on Wednesday night. Presumably, it's on the tube but I can't tell you where (or indeed why anybody would watch). Big East is playing out the string as well, I think.

And Army-Navy is this weekend. Given recent results, should this be changed to Navy-Army?

GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

:mad:

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I'll never root against Navy, simply due to the USMC.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummm, and why is that?

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

My father is a retired E-8.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

I feel the same way, but they've won seven straight.

(planned pejoratives deleted because I respect the few ex-Navy guys on SJ, unless they want to join in amusing everybody else)

7. 2muchcoffeeman

Master or first?

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Florida opened a 10-point favorite.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Master. Non-combat, though. Too young for Vietnam, too old for the Gulf War.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That line will move one way or the other depending on Percy Harvin's ankle. Florida had better hope he's going to be able to go.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Lines for Alabama seemed to have been way off all year. I don't suspect this one to be any different.
    When JPW is your quarterback, you've got a negative wild card every single Saturday.

And GB, I think I heard Harvin is pretty much out. If he practices Wednesday, I think it will be a shock.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Serious question. We know Utah is in the BCS, right? What about Boise? What are its options? I remember hearing something about if a second non-BCS school finishes ahead of a BCS conference champ in the BCS standings, it's in. Boise would finish ahead of the ACC champ for sure, right?

Draft saved Draft deleted