1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 14 thread: What the H'Ell Roberson is going on here?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I remember 72 degrees and sunny. I think.

(Yes, micro. Thanks for asking.)

:)

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

They rarely open it, and even when it is it's such a small hole that you'd never know it was "open air." The Cardinals have a rule that it must be closed unless it's under 75 or something like that and Kurt Warner liked playing in domes so they pretty much kept it closed when he was around.

It hasn't been open for any of the Fiesta Bowls, the title game that was there or the Super Bowl so I can't imagine that it will be open for either the Fiesta Bowl or title game this year.

Honestly, with it being such a small opening and the fact they never open it anyway, I have no idea why they even added the feature.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I thought we were talking about the North Carolina-based ACC game.
    NC - I thought (for some reason) it meant we were discussing the game in North Carolina.
    Some posters have talked bad about that game in past weeks.

My bad.
    Carry on.

4. derwood

derwood Active Member

Auburn moves to number one in AP poll.

5. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

This makes too much sense, Mile High, which means it will not happen. I assume all first and second-round games will be at home of higher seed, maybe even third round. I think that is the only way it works.

Some nice second-round matchups under this scenario. I think you can still keep the bowls involved as well.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Petros is kooky. Listen to his national radio show on FSR. If you think his voice is a pain to hear, three hours of it will make you give away all of your possessions to Cam Newton's dad, just to get Petros to stop.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oddly enough - Petros is like a balm coming after Pat O'Brien, Steve Hartmand and Vic the Brick on FSR.

And then Tony Bruno follows Petros.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

First round at better seeded teams on the first weekend of December. Quarterfinals at the Big Four bowls. Reshuffle as needed for the quarterfinals and try to send conference tie-ins to their specific Big Four bowls. So if all the home teams win in the first round, you'll have:

Sugar: Auburn-Michigan State
    Rose: Wisconsin-Stanford
    Orange: TCU-Ohio State
    Fiesta: Oregon-Arkansas

Play them on New Year's Day to make the day relevant again. Yes, there's a gap between the first round and quarterfinals, but this protects the "argument" by school presidents about December being for finals and so forth. And it makes the Big Four games actually mean something instead of the exhibitions that don't mean anything they've become. Semifinals the following week. Then a national title game. Rotate the Fiesta-Sugar-Orange-Rose committees as hosts for the last three games or open it up for bidding (say, Dallas, San Diego, etc.)

If you lose in the first round, you go to a lower-tier bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted