1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 14 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 17, 2008.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Rocky Long is retiring at New Mexico. Good coach, better guy. Built a solid program.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself, pal. I'm ready for some Thursday night trivia while we're at it.

:p

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If that f-tard 2MCM hadn't started it first, we wouldn't be worrying about the next week before the current one was over...

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

So, counting the conference divisions as separate entities  . . .

1. Big 12 South
    2. SEC East
    3. Big 10
    4. Pac 10
    5. Big 12 North
    6. SEC West
    7. ACC Atlantic
    8. MAC West
    9. Mountain West
    10. "Big" East
    11. ACC Coastal
    12. WAC
    13. MAC East
    14. C-USA West
    15. C-USA East
    16. Sun Belt

Thoughts?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Mountain West went 6-1 against Pac-10 teams this season, including Utah over Oregon State. And with the Pac-10 having only five bowl-eligible teams, I think you could make the argument the Mountain West is the better conference this season.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

MAC West on the line tonight!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-wmichigan-ballst&prov=ap&type=lgns

Eh ... it's a game, anyway. What are the odds that Slappy and Bubbler get into a brawl?

7. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

After Chris Fowler leaves Ball State off his AP ballot, some more hate of Ball State by folks at ESPN:

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20081125/NEWS01/811250320

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good news for Pitt, assuming the kid doesn't change his mind. LeSean McCoy insists he will be back for his junior season despite all the speculation to the contrary.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08330/930629-142.stm

9. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

He has no reason to stay next season with all of the coin potentially in front of him if he leaves at the end of this year.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

If you had read the story, you'd know that he doesn't think that he's mentally ready for the NFL.

11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I know....that's for now though. I'll wait until the season ends and he has down time to think about it as he hears blurbs thrown about with his name as a potential first round pick.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He has been hearing that since the end of his freshman season, though as I said, I wouldn't be shocked if he changes his mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted