1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 13 thread: Frankie (Albert) Goes to Hollywood

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wow. Gotta make that catch.

2. Armchair_QB

A conference can receive only two BCS bowl bids. The SEC is going to get two no matter who wins the title game. South Carolina winning the SEC title game would only hurt one team, not the SEC as a whole.

3. Armchair_QB

Looks like Ingram is about to be off the hook.

4. mb

mb Active Member

Actually, just about all the bowl projections I've seen agree that the SEC is only getting 1 BCS berth this year.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... hard for me to imagine a one-loss LSU team not getting a BCS at-large bid.

6. Armchair_QB

Six conference champions.
    Two at-larges to Boise & TCU

Two remaining at-larges- One to the Big 10, one TBA

Who outside of the SEC deserves an at-large bid?

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The projections I've seen says Auburn in the title game and LSU going to the Sugar, but if the Cocks beat Auburn, they go to the Sugar.

Auburn and LSU could both be sitting with at least 11 wins, and 'Bama will be 10-2, assuming they hold on, and coming off this curb stomping.

And if Arkansas beats LSU, three teams will be 10-2 and one, Auburn will be 11-2.

Which gets the second BCS bid and where? Then how does it shake out for the rest?

8. mb

mb Active Member

My own damn opinion:

1. LSU's not finishing with 1 loss

2. Bowl order goes ...

Pac-10 replaces Oregon with Stanford. There's one at-large
    SEC gets 2nd pick of at-large teams. Won't take a 2nd SEC team. Probably takes Big 10 runner-up. 2 at-larges spoken for.
    That's gonna leave the Orange with the last at-large. It'll be a No. 3 in the BCS TCU against everybody else (LSU, Alabama, etc.)

9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

The SEC, Pac 10 and Big Ten are all in line for multiple BCS bids. But so are the non-AQs with Boise State and TCU. And you could argue that they all deserve the extra spot. Puts the BCS in a bit of a bind. Do you give the lower-ranked of Boise or TCU a spot over an LSU, Stanford or Ohio State? Going to be a good debate one way or the other.

10. Armchair_QB

The "BCS" doesn't determine the at-large teams. The individual Bowl games do.

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

No kidding. But they are all lumped together as the BCS and average Joe fan isn't going to give a crap if the Sugar Bowl snubs LSU for TCU or something like that. They're going to say the BCS sucks.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If Oregon loses and Auburn wins the SEC Championship I'd be stunned if Auburn or one of the other top BCS schools don't go to the title game to play Boise. No way in hell will they ever allow a TCU-Boise game, unless they hope by doing so they can say "see?! It works!" and then perpetually screw the little schools again.

But I also have a hard time seeing TCU in any BCS game. Not because they don't deserve it, but because the bowls would rather have Ohio State and LSU get their at-large bids instead.

Draft saved Draft deleted