1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 13 thread: Frankie (Albert) Goes to Hollywood

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Good to see A&M finally get a win in Austin.

2. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but it is never a good day in this corner when the Nazis beat the Teasips.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Am fervently hoping and praying that Auburn, Oregon and Boise State all lose. Not only would I reap a financial profit, but I like none of those teams and it would open the door for some interesting shenigans.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Texas: No. 5 in the preseason AP poll with one first-place vote. Someone want to remind me why we continue to make fools of ourselves by ranking teams before anyone's played a game, when no one has any idea who's good and who's not?

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Then why rank anyone until the end of the season?

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

All the rankings* before the end of the regular season are window dressing anyway.

* = except the SportsJournalists.com poll, of course. That's deadly serious business. :)

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Alabama hasn't lost at home in three years, and Auburn's pass defense is terrible. Not saying the Tide will win, but that's why they're favored.

8. KP

KP Active Member

That was one big steaming pile of shit the Bobcats dropped with a spot in the MAC title game for the taking.

BTW, WTF are WVU and Pitt wearing?

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just gotta love it when karma hooks 'em!

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Anyone else getting the impression that Bama is about to roll to a 49-0 victory today?
    Already up 14-0 on what six plays, seven plays?

That unvaunted Auburn defense is looking silly.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I love the MAC, but the quality of football in the conference is atrocious. The fact that Miami and Ohio won 8 ga,es this year tells tou how bad it is. In the late 1990s, both would be sub .500 teams in the MAC.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

These SEC refs DO know that Auburn is the one that needs the extra help today, right? I know that's not the norm, but that 15-yarder was baffling, especially when we know the SEC will do AN-Y-THING to help a BCS bound team.

Draft saved Draft deleted