1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Figured it's time to get the next one started. ;D

Anybody for a little Air Raid-Oklahoma action?

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Thank god. You used FBC.

:D

3. 2muchcoffeeman

I'm out of the newspaper biz but the AP wire codes are burned into my frontal lobe. ;D

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Mine, too. Which is why I always did a double-take at the "CFB" threads the last two weeks. Couldn't figure out what that meant until I clicked on it. And it gnawed at me every time I did.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Same here. I can only assume that some of our thread starters work at shitty weeklies that don't have AP. :D

I thought about saying something last week, but I figured I'd make my point this week. 8)

So ... TTech-OU. Clearly the test the Raiders have to pass because this is the only one of their important Big XII South games that's away from Lubbock. Best game of the year? Early contender for Game Of The Century? If TTech wins this one, does it move to the top spot?

Whatever happened to the Game Of The Century deal, anyway? Seems like we used to have two or three of those a year back in 1993 or so.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't we usually wait until Monday? Sometimes its selfish to be first.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Obviously next Saturday is all about Texas Tech/Oklahoma, but a game I am really looking forward to is Wednesday night's Ball State/Central Michigan. Ball State has been unreal this year and Central Michigan has held things together despite a lot of injuries and they are undefeated in conference and probably the only MAC team that can give Ball State a game.

Also, they don't get the same kind of attention as the Tim Tebows, Matthew Staffords and Sam Bradfords, but Nate Davis and Dan LeFevour are probably going to be third to fifth round draft picks who could end up being real good pros. They both can play.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Notre Dame started to suck. Can't be a Game of the Century without Notre Dame.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That's what she said.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

<------ Would tend to disagree with that premise asshole

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Refresh my memory, Mr. Slap. Didn't CMich handle WMich pretty easily... without LeFevour, who sat with a bad leg?

In any case, we'll find out a week from Tuesday, right? Tim Hiller is a pretty good player, too. Just not on the same level as Davis and Lefevour in my humble humble.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

BYU-Utah should be good, I'm also looking forward to (with more than a little fear) at Oregon State-Arizona.

Draft saved Draft deleted