1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 12 thread: Before there was God, there was Chris Leak

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wow, they sure went all out to stripe the field for the Temple-Ohio game tonight.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Ohio getting 10 points was like stealing money from Vegas.

Knock on wood.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Your sermon this week from the Right Rev. Houston Nutt

http://www.olemisssports.com/allaccess/?media=211485

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I can guarantee you I won't bet on the Rebs this week.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So has RichRod officially now saved his job with this 7-5 season and return to bowl?

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Here's an idea: Nine conference games. What a concept.

7. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Nutt went 8-4 with a backfield of Peyton Hillis, Darren McFadden, and Felix Jones running behind four OL that made either the first or second All-SEC team. :(

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not if they can help it. They want to generate every friggin' bowl team they can -- just like everyone else.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but the Pac 10 has, the ACC is considering it, gone to nine conference games for money reasons. As teams keep jacking up the cost of playing those gimme wins, the conferences figure it's easier to keep the money inside the conference than dole it out to other teams.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I hear that -- but still sure the admins want it more than the coaches do.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Nutt does okay till he runs out of his predecessor's recruits. Ole Piss is now at least halfway out of Ogre's Yar Yar Rebels.

12. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Meh, I donno. All of those guys were his recruits. His best two year stretch was his first two years at Arkansas. His second best two year stretch included the final two years he was at the school. Really, both stretches were pretty even in quality, sandwiched around six years of shit and mediocrity. Oh, and it's not like those two runs were awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted