1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 12 thread: Before there was God, there was Chris Leak

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 16, 2010.

1. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Well, compared to South Alabama, Ga State is crap.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

That's an "IF" the size of the Empire State Building. Purdue is a turd of a team that mails it in when they get behind. Wisconsin is, well, Wisconsin.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Agreed.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The SEC does itself no favors by scheduling "non-conference week" in November. It's a vagary of the schedule, I realize, but it's contributing to the growing national backlash against the league. They really need to find a way to change it.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Saw some video of it on PTI this afternoon. The goalposts are indeed bolted into the brick wall, and there might be a foot from the back of the end zone to the wall. With the catch basket atop the wall and a gray sky, there could really be a "Thunderdome" feel to the place.
    I pity the receiver who's running a deep end zone route. We may see a fatality.

Also, in keeping with the baseball stadium theme, Notre Dame is playing Army at Yankee Stadium on Saturday.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Dooley's not sure enough to make a prediction on Arkansas at MSU this weekend.
    He at some point adopted a standing policy to never include MSU in his much-anticipated weekly lists of games.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Schedule Missouri, and we'll talk. ;)

And one would get rich in Vegas placing his bets the opposite of my picks.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I lost a ton in Vegas on MSU vs. Alabama this past weekend.
    Wife was pissed that I talked her into it.
    We lost too on Ole Miss vs. Tennessee.
    Don't know why we bet that one.
    Then Pacquiao paid just 450 to 100, so we barely made anything on that one and had to wait 12 rounds to see it happen.

9. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Isn't one of the first rules of sports betting to not bet on a team you have an emotional connection to? I guess it only matters if you really lost a "ton."

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

If it's any comfort, Blitz, I think the Dogs are going to win Saturday.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Made that mistake once. Will never make it again.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They've taken the basket down.

Fitzgerald said this week that they would adjust their playcalling when they have that end zone.

Haven't heard Zook say anything about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted