1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 12 thread: Before there was God, there was Chris Leak

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He said it. Don't know who it was directed to, but he said it.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

He's so romantic.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Rumor being leaked on Twitter is that Martinez has left the Huskers. Several players have confirmed this, but nothing official yet from Lincoln.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well, Bo did get an unsportsmanlike penalty called against him, probably because of that. But that's not going far enough. If he called an official a cocksucker, he should have been gone.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He directed it towards one of the linesman and the guy immediately flagged him.

It happened right as another penalty was being walked off against NU.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I've seen it on a few other sites, like Bleacher Report, so take that for what it's worth. The way Pelini was yelling at him (according to my mother, who read Pelini's lips, he was saying, "GET THE FUCK IN THE GAME, I NEED YOU IN THERE." or something to that effect. She said the f-bomb was definitely dropped.

Had it been me or one of my kids and my coach was yelling at me to get in the game, despite being injured, I'd tell him where he could shove it. No game is worth injuring yourself further.

7. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

It's the same story every year - one or two teams feel they are getting screwed. There is a call for a playoff and there never is much movement toward a playoff. This will continue at least through the end of the current BCS contract.

But here is basically all you need to know about any chance of a playoff. Joe Paterno has been calling for one for decades and it has fallen on deaf ears. If Joe Paterno can't get a playoff what chance does the average fan or even AD have of getting one.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe that's also because the bowl season is now an extra week longer, with games just about every single day.

As a kid, I remember there being 16, 17 bowls, and to reach one was a big accomplishment, and the Jan. 1 bowls were for the elite. Even if a team made it to a Dec. 31 bowl, they had a good season. Now, more than half the teams make them. Who cares?

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The thing about the bowl season is this - it is usually about half over before most people know it even started. I mean, those first eight to ten games are on television but does anybody other than fans of the team even realize it?

10. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

The New Mexico Bowl and uDrove Humanitarian Bowl could be the key to my bowl pool this season. LOL. I think those bowls exist as much for gambling and the bowl pools as they do for extra practices and recruiting purposes.

Draft saved Draft deleted