1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 12 thread: Before there was God, there was Chris Leak

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 16, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Fair enough. However, I'm glad to see that program didn't come out and throw up an 0-10 season right off the bat. They got a little momentum going at least.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

No, there seems to be a template for new programs -- load up with a couple years of garbage to pick up some experience and not go 0-10 out the gates, then move into an established conference. I think South Alabama did that, and I believe that's the plan for Charlotte in 2013 (I know ODU is playing the 49ers in '13 and '14).

Heck, the CAA and Sun Belt are about equal in talent. Ressurect old school Sun Belt with ODU, UAB, Charlotte, South Alabama, Jacksonville and Western Kentucky. South Florida would be the only school markedly better than that pack. Now to get VCU to finally do football.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yeeh he is. They would have beaten Florida in the Swamp in September if not for his stupid decisions. I've watched them play probably four times and I'm blown away by some of the overwhelmingly stupid decisions he makes.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

As much as it pains me to admit it, Michigan actually has a shot to win this game. If the defense can force turnovers against the Badgers like it did against the Boilers, Big Blue has a chance, because the Wolverines offense is legit.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Don't see Iowa beating Ohio State. But that's just me....

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Drove by Wrigley Field this past weekend and it was decidedly weird to see it decked out in purple with the Northwestern "N" flags dominating the Wrigley facade instead of Cubs flags.

Pretty awesome for Northwestern and Illinois to do this, though. I'd go if I had the means.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

A change of pace from the usual "L" flags.

8. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Um..they took Jacksonville State to overtime. You know, 9-1 JSU who beat Lol Miss... but yeah..shit FCS teams...

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Aftermarket exists with two-digit tickets. Standing room exists.
    I've done standing room, there, for Bears games, back in the day. Doesn't suck.

10. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Grind it out all day, don't let Denard have the ball. When he does....snap him like a twig.

I just don't see 'sconsin blowing this one.

Tosu, on the other hand, I CAN see dropping one this weekend. World's biggest cliche, but it'll come down to which crew of Buckeyes gets off the bus. If it's the "1st half vs. Wisconsin & PSU" team...they'll lay a huge egg. If they get behind like that in this one, they won't be coming back. I also expect Stanzi to have a field day, right down the middle, vs. Ohio State's 3rd string (it's all they have left) Safeties.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Great. They also lost to an NAIA team and two teams in their second seasons. They beat an NAIA team, a first-year program, a program transitioning from D-II, two non-scholarship teams and the worst D-I football program around. That's all well and respectable for a first year program, but let's call it like we see it. Other than Jax St. and Bama, they play a very milquetoast schedule -- as they should.

12. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Maybe dooley knows something we don't. Maybe Lombardi has been hangin' with RichRod in Ann Arbor. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted