1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 12 thread: Before there was God, there was Chris Leak

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 16, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Here's what I have my eye on this week:
    --Georgia State at Alabama. What, Valdosta State didn't have an opening?
    --Fresno State will give Boise State some trouble before losing by a couple of touchdowns.
    --I think Pitt edges South Florida only because B.J. Daniels sucks out loud.
    --Against my better judgment...Michigan over Wisconsin.
    --I think Colorado will keep its miniroll going against K-State.
    --I think Miami will edge Virginia Tech
    --Iowa over Ohio State by about 8-10.
    --For some reason, I see Army over Notre Dame.
    --I think Florida State beats Maryland.
    --Texas A&M in an upset over Nebraska.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The only thing worse than a gushing fanboi is a pessimistic fanboi. :D Daniels is hoooorible.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Illinois-Northwestern from Wrigley Field... the football might be ugly, but the setting won't be. I'm gonna DVR that thing just so I can watch a quarter or two of it.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I think I saw a photo of the field. Looked like there was about 6 inches from the back of the end zone to the ivy wall in right field.
    And did I see that the goal posts were attached to the wall??
    Place looked dangerous.

6. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

My brother-in-law (NU alum) and I will be at the game. We designate one NU road game a year, as our "we're too old for this foolishness / try to relive our misspent undergrad years" road trip weekend. Even though this one is an NU home game, having it in Wrigley made it "eligible."

He's sent me quite a bit of info, looks like NU is doing it up proud. Outside is going to be one big street party. Should be a great time, no matter the actual quality of play! ;D

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sellout. Event City. Aftermarket is healthy, but not insane, given what we're talking about, here.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nope. They're hosting my alma mater in the D2 playoffs this weekend. At least I think it's this weekend.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As noted on another thread. Alabama is playing Georgia State because its coach is Bill Curry. It's a COURTESY 50 point beating.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Georgia State has been surprisingly competitive this season, though, correct? Not that it matters against the Bammers, but still. I think they've overachieved. Good for them.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Deceptively competitive. They're playing tomato cans -- NAIA, non-scholarship FCS, transitioning FCS and shit FCS teams. Their best wins, such as they are, are against Savannah State and North Carolina Central, which at least offer scholarships. They're taking an approach almost idential to that of Old Dominion (to whom they lost 34-20): two years of debris, then into the CAA in 2012, a year behind the Monarchs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Wisconsin will not score 83 again for a long, long, time. As bad as Michigan is on defense, I think Beilema is smart enough to know he doesn't want to get in an offensive shootout. The Badgers can win just as easily by running the ball. They will probably score 30-45 pts.

Draft saved Draft deleted