1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 11 thread: Jack Mildren didn't need no stinkin' spread offense

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Boise State 28-0 and the first quarter is not yet over.

Any more questions for the folks who really don't think these guys belong? Couldn't care less if this is Idaho, the Northwest Territories or the Dark Side of the Moon. These guys can play.

And yet ... I suspect the idiots running Division I-A and the BCS won't give these guys a chance. Only Oregon comes close in terms of executing their game plan and play after play after play.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They'd never put up points like that if they had to run the gauntlet of the likes of Ole Miss, Vandy, and UT Chattanooga. Or back-to-back games against Tennessee and Kentucky.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The biggest thing is going to be this: Boise out of a BCS bowl, the Big East winner getting to one.

That really needs to change, the automatic bid for a conference champion -- AQ or not -- unless they finish in the top 12 of the BCS standings.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

yeah that's are the bottom of the SEC, it's stupid for anyone to say that playing those teams are tough games. But Miss routed Fresno, who is 3rd in the WAC.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Didn't the Rebears also lose to Jacksonville State?

6. cjericho

yes also at Ole Miss. the thing is the people who want Boise to have a shot at the national title seem to scream the SEC is overrated. OK maybea valid point. but can anyone say the WAC isn't a shit conference. yes Boise is very good, but the conference is not.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As far as the pertinent current issue, Boise and Nevada are better than all the Big East teams, and Fresno as good or better than most. And yeah, there's at least three teams and maybe four teams of total dreck at the bottom of the WAC. But I don't see punishing Boise because of it. Would Alabama all of a sudden be considered a pretender if it were moved to the WAC?

8. cjericho

Boise is better than all the ACC teams also, so should Auburn then be punished? I just think if all the undefeateds win out it should be Oregon vs Auburn. again i think it's crock of shit that there isn't a playoff.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Do you think it should be Oregon-Auburn because they're ranked 1-2, because they're the bigger names, or because you think they're better than both Boise and TCU?

10. cjericho

because i think the SEC and Pac-10 are at least one level above the WAC and Mt West. i think because of that Boise and TCU need to get big OOC wins. beating Va Tech and Oregon State are good wins but not great. If Oregon stays undefeated they'll have beaten Oregon and at least 2 teams better than Oregon. I guess I'll be called an SEC fanboi, (even though if I have a favorite team it would be Penn St or Louisville) but I don't think Va Tech would be better than 4th in the SEC.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If memory serves, there have been a handful of national champions who were dominant despite playing in an overall weak conference.

Ultimately, I blame Ohio State for the SEC being overrated and screwing up the BCS. Stupid Buckeyes.

12. cjericho

i can't argue that Auburn is definitely better than Boise. i will argue that the SEC is definitely better than the WAC, so if both are undefeated I say Auburn gets to the title game. i think the BCS sucks and there should be a playoff. but when they designed it wasn't the basic idea that the best teams from the BCS conferences meet in the title game?

Draft saved Draft deleted