1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 11 thread: Jack Mildren didn't need no stinkin' spread offense

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 8, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Here's what I have my eye on this week, and there ain't much to glimpse, it seems:
    --I think Iowa will keep Northwestern reeling (if I hafta note that gimme, then that shows how lame a slate it is)
    --Without having any confidence that I'm right, I pick Missouri over Kansas State (you're welcome, Wenders). And I make no more avatar bets. Might be time to try Franklin at QB; Gabbert has shit the bed the last two weeks.
    --I hope think Utah will kick the crap out of Notre Dame.
    --I think Virginia Tech will beat North Carolina by about 10.
    --Oklahoma will kick the crap out of Texas Tech.
    --Ohio State over Penn State in a close one.
    --Auburn receives a scare before beating Georgia.
    --I think Texas A&M will edge Baylor.
    --I think Florida will crunch South Carolina.
    --Arizona beats Southern Cal by about 3-5 points.
    --Texas is due for a surprising good effort. I still think OSU wins, but by single digits.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Alabama is all kinds of vulnerable to a mail it in loss against Miss. State.

3. dooley_womack1

I can't for a second imagine Bama losing that, tho I can't ever help but think of Miss. State as roadkill, even when they're decent.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I predict that Kansas could score five touchdowns in the fourth quarter again this week and still not beat Nebraska. This one has epic beat down written all over it.

5. dooley_womack1

If I'm the Huskers, I wouldn't really consider using Martinez unless I absolutely had to

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I don't think NW will roll over for Iowa. Barnett has instilled in the Wildcat program that Iowa is their #1 target and Iowa's had gotten pwned in the last two years by Fitz and Co.

This is the one game that I've circled since last November. It's time to kick the living shit out of these guys from Evanston.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Multiple reports say the Hawk Love is over in Boulder.

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/ncaa.college.football.2.2001786.html

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Gabbert was better last year on one leg. I seriously doubt if he's completely healthy. Bottom line, Mizzou's system won't work if you don't complete 60 pct at a minimum. Less than 50 percent is inexcusable in any scenario, especially against one of the nation's worst past defenses. Gabbert looked like Darius Outlaw... and believe me when I'm tell you that I'm one of the few who knew what it was like to see Outlaw in person.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Agreed, D-III fan ... this game has worried me more than any other on Iowa's schedule.

Other than Dennis Lundy in his mystery fumble game of 1994, Northwestern has played Iowa as tough as anyone over the past two decades. And the Hawkeyes are about the only team that can get the blood of the Wildcats' laid-back fans boiling. They hate Iowa.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

An inquiry. I have trouble imagining diehard Northwestern fans in the first place, but out of all the teams in the Big Ten to hate, why did they pick Iowa? There's no geographic connection to speak of. If it's private school vs. state, Northwestern has its own in-state rival to hate (and is incidentally easier to beat most years). If it's underdog vs. big dog, why not Ohio State hate?

Draft saved Draft deleted