1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 10 thread: The thrill of the Chase (Daniel)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 1, 2010.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

It wouldn't surprise me if the MWC became a BCS AQ league in the future. I don't see an opportunity for TCU to move in all sports. The Big East is a basketball conference and TCU doesn't fit there.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

How could TCU field the required Big East conference teams in the minor sports? Travel for like women's soccer from Dallas to Providence, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, etc. would eat most of the added football money.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Are those trips really any worse than going to San Diego, Fresno, Boise or Laromie? Either way, there are travel issues, and I'm not so sure a move to the Big East would make a noticeable difference in TCU's budget.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

When this TCU story broke a few weeks ago it was pointed out in print or online somewhere that the travel would actually be equal or better going to the Big East.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Big East, the Fighting Webbies and Rutgers are trading shots off Dale Mabry. Knights lead 24-20.

If you like big plays sparked by idiot mistakes and flashes of above-mediocre talent, look no further than the Big East, where everyones in contention (no really, they are)!

Update: USF turns a gift-wrapped safety into a gift-wrapped interception for Rutgers. I think they're re-enacting the Buccaneers-Cardinals game from Sunday.

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Hold on. In the video, the talking heads say that the Big East would petition the NCAA to hold a championship game even though it would have just 10 teams and that it could be an joint effort with The Big 12 University of Texas Conference.

Doesn't Mack Brown hate (or at least dislike) the conference championship game because it's a potential roadblock to the BCS Championship Game? I kinda thought Texas was happy to stay in the Big 12 Whatever It's Going To Be Called Conference in part because there wasn't going to be a championship game anymore (a small part compared to the $$$$ it got, but still).

(EDIT: Just now noticed the text says it as well.)

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Tech beats Mizzou in Lubbock saturday.

Book it.

I would also beat heavy on the over in Baylor v. Okie St. Doesn't matter what it is. Points galore in this one.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You're a thumb short of a full complement on that first pick.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Do you ever pick against Tech Chef?

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

yes.
    but not against an overrated Mizzou team.

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Dear Coach Tedford and the Cal Bears,
    If you could find it in yourselves to be the crappiest road team ever just one more week, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm driving 16 hours roundtrip to see my alma mater and I would love to see my Cougs finally win a Pac-10 game.
    Thanks

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'll avatar-bet you.

Draft saved Draft deleted