1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 10 thread: The thrill of the Chase (Daniel)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Nov 1, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Here's what I have my eye on this week:
    --Virginia Tech will cream Georgia Tech
    --I think Clemson will beat N.C. State
    --I think Michigan will beat Illinois
    --I think Oklahoma State will beat Baylor, with at least 90 total points.
    --I think Auburn wins by about nine touchdowns.
    --I think TCU edges Utah by about 4-6 points
    --I think Alabama stomps LSU
    --I thinkSouth Carolina will beat Arkansas
    --I know that if I keep picking Kansas State for an upset, it'll happen.
    --Missouri in a rout over Texas Tech
    --Stanford by about a field goal over Arizona.

2. mb

mb Active Member

Your keyboard to God's ears, but I don't know howthefuck South Carolina's gonna keep Ryan Mallet on this side of 500 yards.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I love that you start these threads Dools.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Ditto.
    I'll add that I think the Zookers take down Michigan, and I think that TCU wins by 10+. I hope Baylor beats Ok. State, but, well, that game has tons of letdown potential for the Bears.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

How many players from an ultimately inconsequential college football program can dooley come up with to title these threads?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If Jacory Harris doesn't play then Maryland will upset Miami. Saw the line was Miami -11 yesterday. Harris better be really coherent by kickoff on Saturday. Maryland's D will feast on the guy who was 4th string just a few days ago, and now suddenly the presumed starter if Harris can't go.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Off week by 17.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Correct. Terps can cover Harris-less Hurricanes.

As for Dools' pick, was off the grid when he made his comment last week. (Sam played for Montclair State FWIW, but the sentiment was cool.) Because it's in Death Valley, who freaking knows? Who knows which NCSU team shows up on a given week? Strong team, but picks the strangest times to disappear. Here's to hoping Tom O'Brien has accomplished something on that front.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

To be fair, Morris almost led a huge comeback in the fourth quarter on Saturday. He threw some picks early, but this was a true-freshman who couldn't have expected to play and he needed a little time to settle down. His decision making got a lot better the longer he was out there. Miami has lived and died by turnovers, against Virginia the defense wasn't forcing as many as it had in previous weeks, but Harris is capable of losing games with his INT's too.

10. mb

mb Active Member

A positive for the Pack: Clemson's best (only?) offensive weapon, Andre Ellington, won't play.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Mississippi State's idle this weekend so there's really not that much going on in the college football world.

On a side note that several of you likely watched, Chase raised up from his field goal-holder's position last nite and sent Garrett Hartley out to the far right, prompting the Pitt defense into a hurried time-out. Tomlin and Payton both were chuckling over the gamesmanship soiree.

Finally, I'll take Alabama to indeed chew up LSU down on the bayou.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I was referring to your college football allegiance.

Draft saved Draft deleted