1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 10 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

What I like is that Miami is the only school located near a coast in the Coastal Division.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is ACC Football:
    [​IMG]

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I've taken some heat since the spring for being on radio shows in different markets and saying that Georgia was possibly the most overrated team in the country.

I feel vindicated.

Mark Richt is one of the nicest coaches I've ever dealt with in any sport, and Athens is easily one of the best all-around college environments on planet earth ... but none that masks that Georgia was overrated last season and REALLY overrated this season. If Tebow was healthy for last year's Cocktail Party, the Dawgs wouldn't have gone to the BCS.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Escher is a big fan.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Buh... buh... buh... they have so much potential!

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The computers have one of those "consult your doctor" -type boners for Georgia, they're ranked above USC and Oklahoma State by the machines.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They're not losing to Sparty at home.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I saw very little football over the weekend, so someone fill me in on the end of the Florida-Georgia game. Did Urban Meyer really call two timeouts in the final minute as I heard someone claim on a sports radio talk show?

9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Yes, yes he did. He did nothing but run the ball for two more plays with all backups in the game, but it was a definite nod toward last year's celebration by Georgia.

If he was truly rubbing it in, the subs would have been trying to score. They really weren't.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

College football's ultimate schizophrenics, Ben. You never know what they're going to bring.

11. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3679810

WWL says Phil is out...

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The Great Pumpkin is out? Chalk another one up for the Ball Coach. He finally drove UT to the breaking point of cutting CPF loose.

Draft saved Draft deleted