1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC Week 10 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Oct 28, 2008.

1. OUCH!

Did anyone see the UH reciever's leg snap after running into that cart?
    Damn. Hope the guy heals ok.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

That looked gross.

What the hell are those carts doing on the field? I'm watching on mute while working. Surely the TV guys said the same thing, right?

3. I don't know, those carts are like 10 yards from the back of the end zone.

Dude ran all the way through the end zone and kept going....

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Holtz and Davis did talk about the carts. They looked like they were holding band equipment. No way in hell they should have been there. Pretty fucking stupid on Marshall's part.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11 touchdowns, eh? shit, there will be 8 or 9 in the first half.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm a bit curious as to why there was no mention about what happened to those 15 players. Nothing?

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They play at North Texas. How do you further punish them?

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

And in the perfect spot to snap the leg of a receiver running full throttle trying to snag a touchdown pass.

They put his leg in a splint. Considering how his leg snapped back at the knee, it'll be a miracle if it's not broken.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Could be all kinds of shit wrong with that kid's leg. That didn't look good.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Seriously, I picked up the Marshall/Houston game in the third quarter and the interactive text messages were more interesting than the game. I would also like to register my astonishment that those things weren't copy-edited for spelling and grammar before they put them on the air. Apparently, texting Americans can't spell Herd.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Saw the replay and those carts weren't 10 yards off the field. More like 5-6, and the guy just couldn't stop or didn't see it.

12. dargan

dargan Active Member

Unbelievable. LSU's two biggest home games of the season and CBS puts both of them at 2:30. Un-freaking-believable.

Sir dixiehack, I'd like to congratulate you ahead of time on the victory. If y'all beat the Tigers, you sure as heck better beat Florida/Georgia, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted