1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC 2008 Week 2 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

It's very hard to give a post legitimacy when one refers to Old Miss. It's OLE.... And in the same post listing Miami-Florida as a "poll shaker"? Please .... It's in Gainesville and Miami just ain't that good.
    Next.

Edited to correct term "poll shaker"

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I don't think Central Michigan's going to put up a lot of points against Georgia, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. This game could have 80 points scored.

Oh, and I don't think Ole Miss is beating Wake.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wake beat Ole Miss 27-3 in Oxford a couple of years back.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I agree, especially with Georgia missing Jeff Owens. I think he can be replaced, but it'll take a little while, and Georgia's pass rush relies heavily on the defensive line.

I'm pretty sure Central Michigan can't stop Georgia's offense, but there's a reason I'm steadfastly ignoring my CMU alum co-workers insistence that I bet on the spread (23, last time I looked) with him. I don't bet on Georgia to cover spreads anyway -- I've watched them too long for that -- and I'm sure as hell not gonna do it in a game against a team with an air-it-out attack and a fringe Heisman candidate at QB.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was 49-28 or something like that.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I apologize. I didn't think the blue font was needed.

6. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I'll go out on a limb and pick Illinois to bounce back this week with a big win against I-AA's Eastern Illinois. By the way, the Illini kept a spot in the Top 25? I forgot to check. I assumed they would be booted out. I'm glad they weren't. They need a running game and some better defense, but it's a team that could win eight this year.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

He started 6 games last year, and during that stint, a couple of enterprising folks created some shirts:
    "Our Cock is Smelley."
    He tried to downplay it -- he went to a Christian school and tries (unsuccessfully) to say he isn't "like that" -- but as far as I know, the shirts sold out pretty quickly.

And yes, I firmly believe USC wins by at least two TDs.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I didn't drop them out of my poll completely, because that's a good Missouri team they lost to.

I think they're still in the AP Top 25.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I had them at No. 23 in mine. I think they are going to do some damage in the Big 10 this year (they did last year), even if they don't win the thing.

10. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Well, I guess it's an improvement. I wish they could manage to win their opener once every few years.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I hope it's a good game at least. I am a Hurricanes fan, but I don't think they have a shot at beating Florida. I even bet a friend of mine who is a Gators fan, that if the Canes win he can shave my head. Yep, win win situation for him, but that's how strongly I feel that they won't win.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Caption needed.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted