1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC 2008 Week 1 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hilarious tidbit from Brett McMurphy of the Tampa Tribune to begin the week of the USF-UCF game on Saturday.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/plancher-works-with-first-unit-ucf-series-has-sex-appeal/

2. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Moddy is the one with the connections. I guess he gave Sonner's opinion a second thought and decided to make the call. I didn't enter into that debate simply because I know almost nothing about the team and even less about the two quarterbacks.

As a rule, though, I always operate under the assumption that life's too short to wait another year for anything. I've watched a lot of great teams rise and fall in short order, and I've watched teams go from cellar-dwellers to champs almost overnight.

If you have a guy who is ready to play, put him out there. The obvious exceptions are those situations when coaches force guys to play through injuries and when MLB managers ask 20-year-old kids to throw 125 pitches every five days.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Beamer must have gotten my emails.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.