1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC 2008 Week 1 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

That said, Julio Jones being a badass seems to be a pretty safe bet.

And who knows? Maybe he'll even have a quarterback throwing to him in 2009!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He's got a quarterback this year -- John Par... oh. Yeah.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'll give you credit for realizing Temple's talent. They turned things around. But they WILL NOT win the MAC.

Remember last year when Tim Tebow was the first QB to throw for 20 tds, and pass for 20 tds? Well, another sophomore QB almost did it as well. Dan LeFevour at CMU rushed for 19 TDS and threw a bunch more. He's started all but one game for CMU in the last two years, won two bowl games, two MAC Championships and is only getting better. He's got some solid receivers around him.

That and I read somewhere that Western isn't that bad. I'm sure slappy knows more about it than I do. And what about Bowling Green? Aren't they supposed to have some talent this year?

4. times38

times38 Member

I might have to DVR the Ill-Mizzou game. That'll be the best game of the weekend.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Wyoming is usually pretty tough in Laramie. It doesn't mean Ohio hasn't a chance, but Joe Glenn continues to do more with less. Almost a prairie version of Jim Grobe.

NCSU-Chickens interesting? How do the Chickens not pound the young Pack by at least two touchdowns?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They'll need portable oxygen tanks on the field. :D

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can't help you... All I can tell you is there will be more students in the Washtenaw County bars than there will be at Rynearson Stadium on Thursday night for the E-Moose

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I hate you! (and I think OhioU's technically in the applachains)

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Not everyone in the Gem City is pleased with Glenn. His teams have massively underachieved in the second half of the season, especially last year, after a decent start.

They were 1-6 last year after a 4-1 start and 0-6 in 2005 after a 4-1 start. It's been a long time since that Las Vegas Bowl win and some of the Cowboy Joe Club members are getting restless.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am sure OhioU (as well as the "applachains") is also in the dictionary

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Those are hills. Laramie's 7,000 feet above sea level. :D

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My spelling is fail, as usual.

And I maintain they're mountains, 2mcm. You've never hiked up Richland Ave. to get to class!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.