1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre's sanity officially has jumped the shark.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Marino was a tinderbox from 1997-99, and for obvious reasons.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No joke. Jimmy Johnson tried to turn him into a handoff machine. Can you picture Paul Brown trying to install a spread offense with Jim Brown lining up in the backfield. Switch it around, and that's what Hairspray did. Johnson's massive ego dictated that he run the Dallas system in Miami.

While I understand Johnson was a winner, he was a system coach. If his players couldn't run his one system, Johnson was toast. See the Dolphins in Marino's last years.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Sam, Hairspray made John Avery a first rounder one year. Avery -- the guy who went on to great glory in the XFL. Enough said.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Too many dumb questions at these press conferences.

But my point is a player saying that in response to a column, where a writer is pulling the "he has no heart".... "he's soft".... crapola.

Writers can ask whatever questions they want.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I saw the Johnson-Marino marriagef as doomed by both their egos. I always got the idea Marino didn't WANT a legit RB behind him. I'm sure Columbo or another Dolphins/Marino fan will tell me I'm full of shit.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Dan Marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in Hell.

Would you like a cookie, son?

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You just sort of got that feeling, huh?

And a column is born.

Sort of what I have been talking about as a negative aspect of our profession right now.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

columbo, I'm not WRITING a column about this.

I'm just stating an opinion.

If you don't like it, I'm sure you'll fucking live.

9. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Seattle didn't either.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That makes the difference between that and the column-writing process exactly ... what?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That this is a message board?

And the difference between this and you besmirching the character of every MLB writer who has ever issued a ROY, MVP, Cy Young or HOF vote that you didn't approve of is exactly...what?

12. Herbert Anchovy

That's been the only real bad weather game in five years since the new stadium opened.

Draft saved Draft deleted