1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre's agent calls Favre a drama queen.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jul 19, 2010.

1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

We've been doing the one-year thing for a very long time now. I wouldn't be surprised if he played until he's 45 or 46. He just can't stop. But to say he's definitely going just one more year I think is a bit presumptuous.

Also, I'm a Packer fan, but Tarvaris Jackson is a lot better than most people give him credit for. He showed a lot of efficiency and potential the latter part of 2008, had a 95.4 QB rating in the five games he started. I don't think he's a Hall of Famer, but I wouldn't dismiss him as a move-the-chains, decent enough to start type QB. If Favre didn't return this year, I still think Minnesota would win around 10 games. They won 10 games in 2008, which most people seem to forget.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think Favre will retire until no decent team wants him or when injuries finally prevent him from playing.

I don't think he's had a serious injury since the thumb in 2003. Every off-season they make it sound like he had some huge issue during the season that never showed up on the injury report. I don't buy it.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Blanda threw a TD at age 47, so the under/over on Favre is 47 1/2

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Preemptive excuse-making if he starts out slowly, and also setting the stage for more chapters of "Favre the Lionhearted Struggles Through Injuries."

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Chilly says things can work out just fine:

Vikings coach Brad Childress did not give Brett Favre a deadline to make his decision on whether to play when he visited his quarterback in Mississippi last week.

But Childress said he has a general idea of how long Favre will need to get ready if he does -- as everyone expects -- return for his 20th season. Childress said Favre needs "two or three weeks" of camp to prepare.

"Close to the same period as last year," he said.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/99240389.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiacyKUnciaec8O7EyUs

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

SOME OF US DON'T WANT HIM!!!!!!!!!!

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Rosie speaks the truth. Many don't.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Favre can keep pulling off this "I don't want to show up until the real games start" act until the season starts going sideways.

When it does, the team loses control fast. See: Jets, 2008.... or Packers, 2006, 2005.

Fortunately for the Vikings, it didn't happen last year until the NFC Championship Game. Favre built up a lot of goodwill through the 49ers last-second win, winning at Lambeau and the team getting lucky against the Ravens. He also hasn't put together two straight years of solid November/December play in quite some time.

When it's cold, Favre gets old.

Will they catch all of the breaks in 2010? This team could easily start out 3-3 or 3-4. Then you will have a real 'schism' in that locker room. However, their November is a breeze.

Draft saved Draft deleted