1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre vs. Elway vs. Marino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Warner played with four receivers and two running backs who have a shot at making it to Canton. I know Edgerrin was on his last legs, but still...

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

Kurt Warner is Jim Kelly with a ring. And better accuracy. He'll be in the Hall and deservedly so.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My thing with Elway is that he had some pedestrian-ass seasons right in the middle of his career. He had a good start and a great finish, usually in direct relation to how good the talent was around him.

Favre, obviously, has had ups and downs, especially since 2005. But peak-level Favre is hard to beat.

Marino only really had one bad season ... his last in 1999. Aside from that he was pretty much nails for his entire career no matter what kind of talent was around him. When he had great talent, as he did early in his career, he was incandescent.

I'd go ...

1. Marino
    2. Favre
    3. Elway

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

How the hell do you keep Kurt Warner out of a HOF in which Joe Namath is enshrined?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Warner gets into Canton, this may be one of the biggest reasons why.

6. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

1 - Elway....almost as good at passing as Marino except a lot more mobile. He put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses.

#2 - Marino....incredible passer but no athletic skill whatsoever. He was Peyton Manning before Peyton Manning. It's too bad that he landed on a Dolphin team that was in decline.

#3 - Favre....in my opinion a bit overrated QB, but still very good. A QB's job is to not turn it over much. I admit that I'm a bit miffed at the way Favre has handled the latter years of his career. But being a gunslinger is not being a QB.

Draft saved Draft deleted