1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre to Tampa?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Our Bucs reporter just strolled in from camp and was saying that he thinks the Packers trading Favre to the Bucs is a real possibility today/tonight.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

So does ESPN.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

For years, Favre apologists were quick to blame his "lack of weapons" whenever he struggled. They better get their exercise before the season starts if this trade happens because Favre will be surrounded by a horrendous offense in Tampa. Joey Galloway is old and can only run a few routes effectively, Michael Clayton can't catch a cold and whoever the hell is left is bad enough I can't remeber who they are.

Don't know who the Pack would get in return, but they would be very smart to get Jeff Garcia. That would give them the veteran safety net they'll need if Rodgers struggles. Doubt that would be part of any deal, though.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Pally,

I kind of agree with ya, but Favre has the ability to at least bring that team to the playoffs again this year. Look at what Garcia did last year.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Garcia is the kind of guy that can overcome the weaknesses the Bucs had/have. Favre is not. He'll make more big plays, but he'll also throw more interceptons that will cost the team in close games. It will drive Gruden crazy. This is not a good fit for the Golden Boy.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'll believe it when Pete Incaviglia starts a thread on it a week after it happens.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And I won't believe it until a year later, when chazp lol's it.

8. jps

jps Active Member

atta boy.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And I won't believe it until d_b starts a thread on it three years from now.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when host posts about it, quoting two entire magazine articles and closing out with 2,000 words analyzing why the media missed it.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

savebrett.net is reporting Favre to Tampa is a done deal. I'm sure they have credible sources.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

solid

Draft saved Draft deleted