1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre - stay or go?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

The person that was blocking the worst for Green Bay yesterday was its left tackle Chad Clifton. The kids did alright in the middle (all things considered) but Clifton blew assignments all afternoon long.
    Should Favre hang the cleats up? No. Granted this team is going to suck this season, they also have to get used to this new zone-blocking system, get the rookies some snaps under their belt and get their heads out of their butts. They're rebuilding ... who knows, maybe Favre returns next year when all this potential he was talking about in the preseason actually turns into some decent talent in the future.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Bite your f'n tongue, A_QB! :mad: :p

And the rest of you echoing that sentiment!

3. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Nah, Favre's still too young for Herm to sign.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

That, and Deana Favre and Lia Edwards don't run around in the same social circles.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

If he goes there will be trouble, and if he stays it will be double.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You think GMs around the league are saying...."Favre still got plenty in the tank" and have offered the Packers a 2nd or 3rd-rounder for him?

tony, his performance against the Eagles in January 2005, told me all I needed to know about his abilities and their recession.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, since Packers didn't play the Eagles in January of 2005, I don't know how to respond to that part. But if you're talking about the January 2004 game, you're talking about the 2003 season: 65.4% completion percentage, 32 touchdowns (led league), 3,361 yards passing, passer rating 90.4.

If you actually mean the Jan. 2005 playoff game against Minnesota, then you're talking about one game after a season in which he threw for 4,088 yards, 64.1% completion percentage, 30 touchdowns, only 17 INTs and a 92.4 passer rating -- nearly identical to his passer rating of 92.6 in his co-MVP season of 1997. So truthfully, what it really comes down to is last year, when, as I said, Peyton Manning wouldn't have looked good, and Sunday, with a team where, once again, Peyton Manning wouldn't have looked very good.

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Favre stay but with different team.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

So did Favre really leave the field before the game was over, as it was mentioned in today's Tuesday Morning Quarterback column on ESPN.com? And if he did, why did he not get his ass ripped like Randy Moss did a few years ago?

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No, he didn't ... my seats are above the Packers entrance. There was a minor skirmish on the last play of the game, clock was winding down and they weren't going to get another play off ... clock was under five seconds. Play was on the south end of the field right by the Packers entrance. Favre waved to a few people then ran off the field before the hoard of cameras got in his face.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I guess Favre's vote is he should go!

12. Note to self: old_tony knows what he's talking about.

Note to others: Turn off Sean Salisbury and start listening to old_tony.

Draft saved Draft deleted