1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre - stay or go?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

The problem is the offense just sucks. It sucked last year, while the defense was ranked in the top 10 in the league. Yet, instead of addressing those needs on offense, Packers management decided to draft a linebacker and spend a shitload of money on an over-the-hill cornerback.
    After hearing Favre all offseason talk about he'll only be back if the team made some major changes, I still don't know what he was thinking when he decided to come back. IMO, i think management made all the decisions needed to give him an excuse to retire, and he just didn't bite.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Bingo. And I stopped drinking the Favre Kool-aid years ago ... this loss is not on Favre.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Buck, Noah Herron, that 76th-string RB you were talking about, is just light-skinned.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Bubbler, what gets me about a 26-0 loss in Game 1 is why isn't Aaron Rodgers getting some playing time in a lopsided loss?

I'm not jumping to conclusions, I just think the Packers are stuck in a Favre situation they need to rectify as quickly as possible.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

When exactly was the last time Favre was on top? The late 90's?
    Gretzky always said he would go when he felt he couldn't perform to his lofty standards and contribute the way he used to. Despite leading the Rangers with 62 points in 1999, he knew it was time, despite just about everyone begging him to come back for another year. I like that. He went out onhis own terms without hanging on pathetically for dear life.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It is sad how this has become a 'Favre situation,' and I whole heartedly agree with you, even though I am a Bears fan and enjoyed last night's win to the fullest extent despite being stuck covering a jr. b hockey training camp..

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's almost like Favre took his sweet time this offseason, trying to see whether he could be traded elsewhere. The Packers never thought about that, they thought either he's back or he's retired. He didn't get his wish to go elsewhere despite the waiting, now he's back on a terrible team and looks miserable. This is a guy who always made football look fun. It would be like seeing Hines Ward not smiling out there. You know something's wrong, but he won't come out with the complete truth and insists on playing through it.

Favre and the Packers needed a divorce. Instead, they stuck together and are making each other miserable.

8. healingman

healingman Guest

Give him a few more weeks. Hell, he's probably got this season for himself anyway. After this year, ho-ho, you gotta go, Brett. See ya at Canton, baby. ;-)

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Hmmm, maybe he ends his career in KC?

Probably not, but hey, who knows?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As a Bears fan I would urge him to hang on in Green Bay for as long as he can. Barring that, I'd like to see him finish his career with the Vikings. ;D

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

(Raises hand) Second.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Should've retired two years ago. Didn't. Packers should bench him for Rodgers right now. Won't. It's all very, very sad.

Draft saved Draft deleted