1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre retiring (for today)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 3, 2010.

1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

What might this be? It might be fun to speculate.

http://deadspin.com/5603792/hilariously-gross-brett-favre-news-to-surface-soon

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And after talking to Trent Dilfer and Jon Gruden in consecutive segments -- and I have no idea who before that or after that, because I had more than enough of the Favre Spoogefest -- Cowherd was one segment away from shanghaing people in the street or in the ESPN cafeteria line to talk about this.

Does ESPN realize its becoming a parody of itself every time it does this?

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Oh my God. Please be good.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And who was the recipient?

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

My thoughts have not changed one iota since last year when the unthinkable happened and He Who Shall Not Be Named donned a Vikings jersey. He's a selfish prima donna attention whore who needs to be gone. He is not going to bring the Vikings to the Super Bowl, he is not the answer to long-suffering Vikings fans prayers and I want him gone so I and the handful of my fellow Purple Faithful who have not drunk the No. 4 Kool-aid can have our team back.

Once he is gone, I can once again proudly proclaim, SKOL VIKINGS!

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

For the umpteenth time, football players don't go into the Hall with one "designated" team like baseball does.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure they do.

Do they care? No.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

He fucks anything that moves and Deanna goes along with it b/c there's more fame to be had married to Brett Favre than to be divorced from him. Yawn.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Can't wait for him to crash his SUV.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

No, it's Brett Favre.

Favre Rules.

(Go look on the hockey thread. I did the same thing with Dino)

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

It's called leverage:

After texting teammates and team officials that he was ready to call it quits, the star player issued no official statements from his compound in Hattiesburg, Miss., leaving the media scurrying, as usual, for clues to his next step.

According to NFL sources, the Vikings' pitch to bring back Favre now includes an offer that could pay him $20 million -- $16 million guaranteed, plus incentives potentially worth another $4 million. Favre was scheduled to make $13 million this season.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/99841644.html?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I have been surprised all along that no one has mentioned Jeff Garcia as a possible replacement. Veteran guy, knows the west coast offense, has guided teams to playoffs before. Not a hall of famer, but aserviceable guy who knows what he is doing and is a notch above Jackson and Rosenfels.

Draft saved Draft deleted