1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre retiring (for today)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 3, 2010.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I'm going to buck the odds and say he unretires this Friday. That way people will talk about him doing something different for a while. When that interest starts to fade, he'll not show up at camp, leading to even more talking. He'll then send out a note to ESPN about a major announcement the night before the regular season kicks off, which will be about his new product endorsement.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

That annoucement will be an hour-long special on ESPN, hosted by Jim Gray.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

as I was about to say ...

4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

It's not that I loathe Brett Favre, it's just that I so passionately despise him.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'd like to get Rosie's thoughts on this.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

It will soon be revealed that as part of a new contract for this season between the Vikings and Favre, the Vikings proposed new stadium will be called "Brett Favre Field" and Favre has agreed to go in to the HOF as a Viking.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Someone in Favre's family told a Mississippi media outlet that the veteran QB hasn't made a decision.

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/08/02/2378261/family-source-favre-has-made-no.html

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

But after Tuesday afternoon's practice, tight end Visanthe Shiancoe confirmed Favre had informed some teammates of his intentions.

"He told a couple of guys on the team that he is going to retire," Shiancoe said. "He hasn't told me yet. I'll go in and check my phone right now..

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/99841644.html?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU

It should be noted that last year he told the Vikings he was retiring. Then he changed his mind.

11. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I've got it figured out. He's retiring from the NFL but practicing with the high school kids because he wants the starting job back from the kid in Kiln.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The kid in Kiln (his nephew) signed with Mississippi State :D, so that job in Kiln should be wide open at the moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted