1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre is a grandfather

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Brittany is too old for him. Breleigh is more his taste. :D

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So I guess we can look for another Favre to be throwing franchise-killing INTs in about 25 years.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My parents have a great-grandson who is older than their youngest grandchild.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

My great grandmother will celebrate her 93rd birthday this year.

We took a 5th generation picture a couple months back.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

A girl in my high school graduating class has a 3-year-old grand-daughter. She's 37. Her daughter is 20, I believe.

This is not terribly uncommon, especially in large families where the oldest child and the youngest child are 20 or more years apart. Though it's less common than it used to be, I guess, with people (or Americans at least) having fewer children per family.

But here's one I'd never heard of before ...

My step-mother's mother died a couple of months ago and I went to the funeral. The eulogy was delivered by a man who was both her first cousin and her nephew. (I'll pause a second while you think of your best redneck jokes).

OK, I'm back. Turns out that two brothers, who were 20 or so years apart in age, married a mother and daughter. My step-grandmother was the mother's daughter and the daughter's sister.

Confused yet? Good.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Jumping Jesus.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

re: Favre

who cracks the first MILF joke to him?

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

My first wife had an aunt who was only a year older than her.
    Grandma was 18 when mom-in-law was born and 36 when she had the last of seven kids. Mom-in-law was 19 when she had the ex.

I fell into the older parents realm. They were 32 and 34 when I was born. It's weird when I meet people who are 10 to 15 years older than me with mom's who are younger.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

My parents were also older -- Mom was 32, Dad was 33 when I was born. My dad was the youngest of nine kids, and his older siblings had children at young ages. The age range of the cousins is more than 30 years; confused the hell out of outsiders at family reunions.

11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I have a cousin who is an uncle to several children older than him. I have another who is an 18-year-old uncle to nieces who are 16 and 13.

One of my aunts had only two children. But she had those children when she was 19 and 42 (resulting in the 18 uncle, 16 & 13 nieces above).

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Isn't it kind of an upset that this fetus didn't get picked off right before the delivery?

Draft saved Draft deleted