1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre is a grandfather

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Biggest load of shit ever.

Maybe the baby daddy will follow Favre's lead and marry Brittany when Parker turns 9.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine has an uncle younger than he is.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

He doesn't see what the big deal is. (video NSFW)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

My great-great grandmother died when I was 18 years old (she was 98 or 99 I believe).

Her mind went south when I was really young, so she didn't really know me when I was at the age to know her.

Of course, my great-grandma is doing great for the most part and my nieces and nephews know their great-great grandma very well.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I actually remember four of my eight great grandparents. One of them recently died at the age of 100.

What also is amazing is that my great-great grandmother died about four years before my brother had his first kid. So they just missed having a great-great-great grandmother by a few years.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

If every mother had her child at 15, the 4xgreat-grandmother would have to be 90.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I find this fascinating. The last of my great grandparents died about 15 years before I was born - and she was in her 90s already. My great-great grandparents were born in the 1830s!

I have 3 friends who are pregnant right now, the youngest of whom is 41. My parents were "old" when I was a kid; my mom was 32 when she had me and my dad was 37.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

First of all, you are all so lucky. I'm 24 and my last great-grandparent died in 1960. Both sets of grandparents were older when they had my parents, so I feel lucky that one made it to my teen years (one grandfather made it to my high school graduation, but he died a month later and wasn't in any shape to go.)

It was weird, having older parents, because my best friend in high school's parents became grandparents at age 40 (my friend had a kid at 20. At least her parents were married when she came along.) and I was SEVEN when my mother turned 40.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Oh, I hope there isn't a "Chmura is the Father" angle here.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

My dad was 30, my mother a year younger, when I was born and that seems plenty normal to me.

Whatever the case, I'm sure to be an older father; I'm 30 and nowhere near ready emotionally, financially or maturity-wise to care for a child. Hell, I've barely dated when compared to friends and family members around the same age.

That said, what is considered an "old" parent? Is there even a set number or age group? And is being a little older a good or bad thing?

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Same here. My mom had me when she was a couple months shy of 32. Dad was a couple days shy of 36. My great-grandparents were already dead by then, and my grandmothers both died before I turned 5. Dad's dad died when I was 17 and mom's dad died when I was in my early 20s, but they each lived a couple thousand miles away so we rarely saw them. I missed having grandparents around.

To your last point, I think it has more to do with mindset. My parents were "old" when they were 40, just because. My aunt had her kids at 35; they're in their 20s now and I wouldn't consider her "old" by any stretch, even though she's nearing 60.

And I'll be lucky if I have kids by 40 at this point. Kinda disappointed about that, but c'est ca.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Most of my current friends in their late 30s have babies.

Most of my high school friends in their late 30s have teenagers.

It's tough for women. If you start having kids early, you seem to age early. If you start late, you may have trouble, plus the kids may not know their grandparents. If you split the difference, what happens to your career momentum?

It's not as much of a worry for men. My grandfather has kids who currently range in age from 25 to 65.

Draft saved Draft deleted