1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre is a grandfather

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

Brittany's boyfriend didn't know when to call it quits, either.

I guess he stayed too long.

Gotta put a helmet on that thing.

(OK, I'm done.)

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

My father was a grandfather at 42.

Here's another good one for you: I'm 30 years old with a 51-year old father, a 71-year old grandfather and a 92-year old great grandmother.

I broke the family tradition of reproducing at age 20, but my brother came through in my place.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

*Update: ESPN's Ed Werder reports that Brittany Favre named her son Parker Brett. He weighed seven pounds, seven ounces. Favre told Werder: "A grandpa at 40. It almost makes me feel old." As for its effect on his future with the Vikings, Favre said: "It makes things more complicated but right now I'm not thinking much about football."

Now he'll retire because he's going to be busy changing diapers.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Brett is upset the kid wasn't named Peter Chris Ed King Mortenson Werder Favre.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

As a poster at PFB Talk wrote...as long as Brett doesn't let Adrian Peterson hold the baby everything should be good.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

It's not that shocking of an age. Or I should say it's not that uncommon. My mom was a grandma at 37; Dad's three years older so he was 40.

Here's a shocking age: 30. Friend of ours was a grandpa at 30. He had a kid when he was 15, and his boy had a kid at 15. He's really hoping not to be a great-grandpa at 45.

On the other end, my great-grandparents didn't have their first kids until she was 28 and he was 32. They went on to have 17, with only two being twins.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Wow - when I was 30, I had a 68 year old dad, a 100 year old grandfather and if my great grandfather had been alive, he would have been 134!

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I would like for you to take over the Thanksgiving thread.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

My mom was 19 when she had me; her grandmother 18 when she had her. That's 37. When I became a dad at 35, my former neighbor became a grandmother the same day.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Great-great-great-great-grandma
    Great-great-great-grandma
    Great-great-grandma
    Great-grandma
    Grandma
    Ma
    Kid

I feel lucky that my great-grandmother was alive until I was about 15.

11. cortez

cortez Member

Palin-Favre in 2012

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My great-grandmother was alive until I was in college. She died when she was 95. I feel very fortunate to have actually gotten to know a great grandparent since the other three were dead long before I was born.

The wife of a friend of mine who is in her late 20s still has her great-grandmother alive and they have a kid, so the thought of someone having a great-great grandmothers blows my mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted