1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre Finally Inactive

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You're probably right. It does make you wonder why they kept Jackson over Rosenfels, but Rosenfels had the higher salary and might have been the only one with any trade value.

2. Mizzougrad96

Jackson sucks, but he's young.

If I'm the Vikings I'm trying to lose out so I have a shot at one of the top quarterbacks coming out this year. This seems to be the best QB class since Manning, Rivers and Roethlisberger came out.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Jackson isn't all that young. Do you know how long he's been in the league?

Here, this is what Mark Craig of the Strib says:

If anything good can come out of Favre's streak ending and the Vikings completely embarrassing themselves, it's that we now know the Vikings and T-Jack can part ways without any reservations.

Jackson was as inconsistent, inaccurate and fragile as he was when the Vikings had to go out and court Favre two years ago.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/111855564.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUM2H_MDCiU

4. Mizzougrad96

I agree he sucks. I thought he was a stupid pick when they took him.

The Vikings likely will not have a single experienced QB after this season ends.

5. Mizzougrad96

The big rumor is the Bengals are shopping Carson Palmer and that the Niners and Cardinals are interested.

I'll be curious where McNabb will end up after he's cut loose. I could see San Fran, Arizona, Minnesota all being interested.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

is that the big rumor or was that just Peter King surmising what may happen in his MMQB

7. Mizzougrad96

It was mentioned on the NFL Network on Sunday. I saw it in the Bleacher Report updates on the Niners that are emailed to me and I read something on a draft site. I don't remember if King said anything about it in MMQB.

It's just a rumor. I wonder how high of a pick Cincy would want in return.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

If it was in a Bleacher Report update, then it MUST be a solid rumor!

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jackson will be 28 when training camp opens. He's as good as he's going to get.

The Vikings have to find another QB.

Favre should never set foot on the field again. He should be released immediately.

They might as well throw in Webb, the third-stringer. Probably he'll suck, but you never know for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted