1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre done?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BadgerBeer, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Mike and Mike already had their kneepads on this morning when the story broke. In the 30 seconds I was able to stomach the broadcast they called Favre the greatest quarterback in NFL history and the most beloved athlete in America.

ugh.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Got a LOT more problem with Favre over Montana than I do with Marino being atop the list.

Marino had the arm to be a Super Bowl-winning QB. He had the rest of the physical package to be a Super Bowl-winning QB. He had the cool and the heart to be a Super Bowl-winning QB. He NEVER had the supporting cast to win a Super Bowl.

So don't make too much of that hole on his resume.

And god, are we all ever going to be sick of No. 4 by 11 p.m. tonight.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not if you don't turn on ESPN.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. No way Favre belongs ahead of Montana.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

There's a lot of NFL defensive players out there who are shedding a tear right now and don't know why this morning.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Nah, haven't been holding that back . . . have maintained that rationale for years.
    See the game?

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

[​IMG]
    Want to go to Starbucks Brett?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

solid, patchs, solid [/tompetty]

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Anyone just waking up and turning on espn is going to think Brett is dead.

10. outofplace

Yes, I watched every second of it. I was a big Walter Payton fan and I really enjoyed watching that defense play. I was rooting for the Bears to go undefeated. It's football. You're not supposed to complain about the conditions. If you lose, you lose.

11. Montana also had running back Roger Craig and a pretty good defense ... two things Marino seldom had.

12. outofplace

No question. Marino vs. Montana is a tough call. But I don't see putting Favre over either of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted