1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favre done?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BadgerBeer, Mar 4, 2008.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

:'(

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Gutter, where's your Favre avatar? I think today would be a perfect day to pull it back out!

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right. The guy has an obligation to keep playing even if he's old and doesn't want to anymore.

Ever think that he remembers just a couple seasons ago how everyone was writing about how he was doing more harm than good by sticking around when he was obviously done, how he was being selfish, etc.? Perhaps he'd rather go out with stories being written about his resurgence as the capper on his career, rather than stories about being washed up.

My guess is he probably doesn't believe he can have another season like he did this year and decided he wanted one of his top four or five seasons to be the cherry on top of his HOF career.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Do you really think Favre would care about delivering a slap in the face to the Packers' current receivers?

5. outofplace

Are you suggesting that is your philosophy or just saying that's what some of the reporters covering this story have done?

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This is sad news. Lots of people dislike Favre for a variety of reasons, but from a football fan perspective, he was the epitome of a quarterback.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Chris Mortensen says that Favre told him that the decision was about the wear and tear on his body and not about Randy Moss.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Sorry, Favresuckers, but this one looks bad for the "Greatest QB of All Time."

He pisses and moans for years about just wanting a team around him that can win. And now that he's finally got it, he's pulling the plug.

So, what's the difference between now and last year at this time: 1) The team might actually be good. 2) He's already got his precious records.

Seems pretty clear cut, doesn't it?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm with you man... He's great, but c'mon...

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Of my lifetime, and I'm not counting active guys, even though Peyton and Brady will be here soon...

1. Montana (and it's not close)
    2. Elway
    3. Favre
    4. Young
    5. Aikman

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Bingo!

12. outofplace

Or, he's another year older and he's had enough. Or he doesn't think he has another year like that in him.

And even if he did keep playing for the records, who gives a fuck?

And this is coming from somebody who isn't really a fan of his.

Draft saved Draft deleted